Sunday, August 29, 2010

lucky fish, lucky girl



He pointed the spatula at me. "I get the fish off in two minutes." Then he waved the spatula.

I thought it was a joke. I knew he had fish on the grill. I thought the get the fish off in two minutes was a funny. So I said "Lucky fish."

He stared at me. "I get the fish off in two minutes," he repeated. Then again with the waving of the spatula. And then I realized he wasn't waving. He was pointing. Up. To where the bedroom lives. "Don't make me ask you again."

Nope. Not me. I never have to be asked again. The fish wasn't the only thing he got off...lucky fish. Lucky girl.

XOXO
Sommer

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my god. We even get lucky at the same time! Check me out! I love being in synch w/you!

    XXX,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how this wasn't a fish story about the one who got away.

    Raven

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?