Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Are you dead?

This morning, on Twitter, I posed the question: "How tired to you have to be before you just fall down?"

The answer to that riddle: two o'clock tired. Kids off to school, breakfast dishes done, errata done and sent, short story done and sent, new short story started, library hit, store hit, liquor store hit, laundry done, done, and done and folded sort of tired.

Two o'clock tired. And then I crashed like a kite full of holes. I laid down on the sofa (dropped like a rock is more like it) and dozed off and pretty much slept (except for mild stirrings) until 2:40 when I heard boy child at the front door. It was locked. He had his face pressed to the window and when I started to get up I heard "are you dead?"

Not yet. Not. Yet. But I think I need a pot of---->

But at least I feel like I got a lot done. I even ran. How, I do not know. But I did it. And I just have one question...is it bed time yet?

XOXO
Sommer

1 comment:

  1. I read "liquor store hit" and thought "gangsta."
    Heh.

    Some days are so like that for me. I need the caffeine on IV drip. Today (stifles yawn) was one of those days!

    XXX,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?