Monday, October 11, 2010

Thinking Caps...On!


The man and I were watching Paranormal State last night (thank you football the Amazing Race was super late! :P ( not that I do not love football. I'd just like them to finish on time.))

Anyhoo, something was said that bang! zoom! gave me a full blown plot in about thirty seconds. A whole book--novel length. (This will have to go third in my mental novel lineup). I have the characters, the scenario, the premise, the idea, the feel, tone yar yar yar. What I do not have is the title.

I basically need a title that means "linked" but don't want to use that word. So um...help. Anyone have any great ideas? If you give me a suggestion and I use it, I might send you a goodie (if you're receptive) and I will totally thank you in the dedication.

Back to proofreading. I am slow today. Like a snail. Or a turtle. Or me trying to run two miles.

XOXO
Sommer
think anyone would mind if I totally rocked out that beanie?

9 comments:

  1. That is an awesome thinking cap. I'd totally wear it, and no one would probably be surprised. LOL

    Hm. Linked... I think of connection, but I'm sure you know why. I checked an online thesaurus and I see joining, splice, interface, bond. Those are interesting. I especially like interface, but it would only work for say futuristic or cyberpunk. Bond is interesting too, but it would have to be in the title for a bondage book with some publishers. What kind of story are you trying to tell - contemporary, paranormal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's paranormal. Woo-woo fiction, as I call it. ;)

    I like these. Just got some in email too. Options! Yay!

    XOXO
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went straight to interfaced, too. Or perhaps the characters are just channeling each other. Of course if you want to go way out onto the nerd edge with me my absolute favourite is : quantum entanglement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did like my husband's coining of the word 'intertwingled' but somehow I think that's not what you're looking for. Spliced is good, but suggests dna or grafting more than linking.

    Melded? With a nod to Spock?

    Interlocked? Conjoined?!

    I'll come back if anything comes to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correlation? Intermingled/-mingling? Meshed? Swirled? :)

    All best with the creation process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. see, you all are coming up with stuff my brain did not. i'm gonna just read them allllllll and let them percolate. i have a few that i do like v. much! woop!

    thanks guys. :D

    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. see, you all are coming up with stuff my brain did not. i'm gonna just read them allllllll and let them percolate. i have a few that i do like v. much! woop!

    thanks guys. :D

    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few little suggestions...I hope there's something in here that hasn't been suggested elsewhere.

    - amalgam / amalgamated - interlaced - braided - kindred
    - bracketed - band / banded - clique - cabal

    I also like Jo's suggestion of conjoined. From my word processor thesaurus: conjoin emphasizes both the separateness of the things that are joined and the unity that results (her innate brilliance, conjoined with a genuine eagerness to learn, made her the ideal candidate for the job).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Wilson! I won't tell you it makes me think of conjoined twins though - specifically the nurse from Southpark with... well, you can look it up.

    I'm trying to think of a good word for a more mental link - like telepathy? Being on a wavelength... I feel like there's a good word just there but I can't reach it.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?