Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Marsden writes with an astonishing blend of spare prose and lush description..."



Somehow I thought I'd make it through this winter without getting sick in any way. Um...wrong! I woke today sneezing my bed-headed head off and feeling generally like poo. But I found this super review for Blank today and it made me happy despite all the misery.


This is possibly one of the nicest things ever said about my writing in my humble opinion:

Marsden writes with an astonishing blend of spare prose and lush description, sparse detail but heady, rich emotion. It isn’t something that can readily be explained. You have to read it to understand.

There you have it. I am a happy if not sick girl. And thanks to Laurel at Readers Round Table for snagging my book off the line and giving it the time and reviewing. Now don't mind me, I'm going to crawl off and watch TV. And when I get up in the morning I *will* take the antibiotic that I am already supposed to be taking but fear like the plague (which I feel like I have). I know I will because if I don't, I'm going to be in a lot of trouble with the man. And not the fun kind. ;)

XOXO
Sommer

4 comments:

  1. Very nice review indeed. I dropped a comment over there, and now here. I hope the snot monkeys bugger off soon for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blereugh. snot monkeys! lol. thank you for the well wishes and the comment(s). you rock! :)

    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review. Hot cover. Now stay in bed and get well and I'll keep my eyes on him, just to make sure he doesn't go anywhere. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh. you are a saint, cass. so sweet to take that upon yourself.

    the man is pumping wine into me and i expect to be asleep waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before my normal time. lol

    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?