Friday, January 7, 2011

ramblings of a clearly sick-sicky-sickerson mind...



Still sick. But working. One foot in gritty crime. One foot in a vampire werewolf extravaganza (that was only supposed to be as long--total--as it is right now and I'm just gearing up). I am sick-sicky-sickerson but here is my currents. Share yours if you want to give me something to get excited about reading. Comments are always open (though I had to put the approval back on, sadly. Thank you spammers and your attempt to advertise your Japanese sex dolls and other wares).

Current soundtrack(s): Tie between Rubber Factory by The Black Keys, a band that's been around forever but are brand-spanking-new and highly addictive to me and Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. I wake up with track 2 in my head.

Current book: What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz. And mazel to Mr. Koontz because I felt his last book was just sort of 'meh' but this one...well, let's just say hat's off because when I coughed myself awake last night (for the first time out of seven) and shuffled-staggered-lurched into the bathroom to get a glass of water...I was afraid to look in the mirror.

Current TV fixation: Supernatural: The Complete First Season The boys! Starting all the way from the beginning. Yum.

Current med: Z-Pack. Oh, please, glory hallelujah, be over soon. Those little pink pills are kicking my ass.

Current: gluten-free, corn-free, rice-free, bean-free, potato-free, air-free (just kidding) snack...Terra Chips sweet potato chips. Addictive. Especially if finding snacks you can eat is like braiding your hair only using the power of your mind.

There was something else but I forgot what it is. I'm currently sitting here wondering if the Tylenol 3's the dentist gave me for my tooth (which is also what the Z-pack is for) would also work on hacking painful cough. It is something to ponder. And did you know that sweet potatoes are actually white and the orange ones are yams? Okay...now I'm just rambling. ;)

Carry on. :)

XOXO
Sommer

4 comments:

  1. Awww babes. So sorry you're sick. Let's see if I can't help you out here.

    Current soundtrack - Glee. Period. Love me my Cory Monteith and Lea Michele

    Current book - just finished The Crossroads Cafe by Deborah Smith on my Kindle. It was a freebie, but I probably would have bought it anyway, it's that good.

    Current TV fixation - a few. Yes to Supernatural and the gorgeous and hummina-hummina Winchester boys. Also from BBC, the series Primeval. And The Good Wife.

    Current meds - caffeine and chocolate. Cures all that ails ya I don't care WHAT the dr's say.

    Current snack - raw almonds. Eating a ton of them lately trying to curb my desire to munch on bags upon bags of rippled chips with honey dip. (Don't judge - it's awesome)

    FEEL BETTER SWEETS!!!!!

    Edited to add: word verification was acchlog - lmao. Even blogspot knows your sick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better now, I'm sure the boys will help :)

    I'm fed up of waiting for them to announce season six over here, I have serious withdrawal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! Even my blog knows I am an icky sicker. lol.
    I agree with your self prescribed choc and caffeine, Angell. I think it's brilliant. :)

    Lucy we're currently watching season six here. You can't watch it online? Hunh. I thought you could catch full episodes on the CW site.

    XOXO
    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that here in Canada we need local sites to air the TV series we're hooked on before we can watch them. All we get when we tune in to american stations' websites is a big mean mocking box that says "wrong country code, you can't watch this where you are, neener neener." Well, maybe not exactly in those words but that's the gist of it. I'm assuming it's the same cross the pond, cause if it's not I'm going to throw a cranky "it's not fair" fit.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?