Monday, January 3, 2011

"...sure to thrill readers"


Yay! I love to thrill readers :) My EC Quickie Allure received a nice four tombstone review from Brit at Bitten by Books. Go check it out here.

I don't know about you, but I made no formal New Year's resolutions. I am dropping weight and inches thanks to be being able to eat...oh, just about nothing. I spend time with family and friends. I have weaned myself off the internet some and am reading more. I write every day so I can't really amp that up. However, I do get upset about stuff I cannot control. So, I guess the closest thing to a 'resolution' I have is that I promised myself I would not get all bent out of shape and discombobulated over poor reviews/ratings of my work.

Lucky me, I got to test that on day one of the new year! LOL. I ended '10 with a five star rating on my new book and kicked off '11 with a five star and a...one star. And I was upset about it. For about three minutes! And then I kept calm and carried on. Yay me, must say, pretty proud.

Hope '11 is starting out with a bang for you.

XOXO
Sommer

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for saying "nuts" to the one-star review. It's funny, isn't it, how you can get, oh, 17 five-star ones and then you obsess over one two-star one.

    I try to look at it this way. There are quite a few pieces of "great literature" that I simply don't like. Such as, oh, Lawrence Durrell. Cannot stand his stuff. Does that mean his books are dreadful and he should never have been published? Of course not. It just means I don't like them. I don't know that I'd go to Amazon and give him one star, but I'd give that opinion to someone who asked me. Yet plenty of other people love his work.

    Do plenty of people love your work? They sure do! So you keep writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Shar. What's funny to me is, the books I expect to get poked with a stick for (Allure for example) everyone has loved and raved about thus far. I found that shocking.

    This new one "I'm On Fire"...I expected all the die hard romantical types to love and not only do I have a one star...I have a two star. lol. But also three or four 5 stars. But I am pretty proud of the not obsessing. so there you have it. :)

    And I do not know who Lawrence Durrell is. But I'm off to go find out :)

    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?