Friday, March 11, 2011

the more colorful equivalent of basket weaving


It's been a bit of a week and I've fallen down the rabbit hole sorta. There are werewolves, zombies, heart breaking love stories and possibly a native American legend in my rabbit hole. Heh.

There's been some stresses this week and a nap or two prompted by just burning out in a single heartbeat. Jeesh.

So imagine my surprise when I played chauffeur to boy child and afterward dropped off my 4 year old nephew's birthday gift and ended up...playing with it with him. Play-doh. God, I found it so soothing. Making toast and pretzels and pears and pigs out of colorful Play-doh while I chatted with my sister-in-law. I made a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong star and pushed all these little bits through what I think was a porcupine. I found myself enormously calmed by the smell and feel and ritual of Play-doh.

It's the crazy woman's alternative to basket weaving, I think. I might have to get my own gigantic can.

Hope your weekend is fab. I might lay on the sofa, do my impression of a carrot and watch movies.

XOXO
Sommer

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand 'do my impressoin of a carrot'. Is there really a carott impression or is it a metaphor? If there really is an impression, we demand photos.

    I'm with you on the playdoh. I used to wear perfume everyone said smelled of it.

    And oh, to smush it and squeeze it and roll it and shape it. It's a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. that is my way of saying I'm going to vegetate this weekend. lay around. be a vegetable. that's all that meant. and no. NO PICTURES! :p lol.

    Your books are on the way, BTW.

    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?