Sunday, May 29, 2011

shunned...still



Well, the fab Crig Sorensen made a suggestion in previous comments, and I gave them a shot. Still shunned by Blogger, though. It still won't let me into my own blog as me. I'll just continue for now to comment w/name and url. And plot my escape to wordpress methinks.

Busy, super weekend. First lunch w/Aisling Weaver (see blog below). Then Saturday more lunch/chat w/Aisling, who then, because she is wunnerful and persuasive got me to go across to Balticon and just say hi to a few folks. I do not know if I am allowed to say who, so I'll just say it was nice. Scary--for the likes of a shy bunny like me (an INFP don't ya know)--but I think I did okay. There were one or two folks at Balticon that I would have liked to meet, beyond those I did, but alas I was an illegal lobby dweller so I didn't push it.

I have written...zero words this weekend. I have not written since Thursday, and that both feels like the apocalypse and oddly freeing. Simultaneous doom and liberty. LOL. I figure today or tomorrow I'll get cracking since I have some deadlines looming, but for the past few days I just enjoyed meeting some new people (thusly conquering a fear I have of meeting people and being disappointing to them) and hanging out with family. Today, I plan to take my crew on a family date for some tasty nibbles and chatter at a local restaurant.

Hope you are having a great weekend, and take a moment to thank a veteran. You'd be amazed at what a simple thank you can do.

XOXO
Sommer

8 comments:

  1. I've had too little sleep to be coherent, let alone eloquent, by I will quite simply say it was awesome to meet you! You are so my long lost sister!!! *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blooger has been bugging me beyond belief. I am really tired of logging in multiple times. I clicked 'remember me' and nothing.

    If you make the jump to WP and need technical help I know a guy who is fantastic to work with.

    ~Jenna
    Now, let's see if I can get this damn comment to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. I'm not scared to meet people because I tend to make a good first impression. It's later, when all the things people initially liked about me begin to piss them off, that I fear.

    But don't worry, the words will come back! Reacharging....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, the words are there, Jo. I'm just choosing to ignore them to be a lazy ass. Sometimes being a lazy ass is good for the soul. I don't do it often enough, I think. I tend to be a 24/7 workaholic. :)

    xoxo
    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger in its wisdom has deleted my old blog without warning. Lovely! WordPress is the way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. Just hearing that gives me hives, Justine. Thinking of Wanderlust being zipped away like nothing. *shiver* Incidentally, I am trying this from Firefox due to--I believe it was CJ--saying switching browsers helped.

    fingers.
    crossed.

    ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mazel Tov! Mazel Tov! Woohoo and rock on! I am me. There I am! wooohooooo! Drinks on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A toast to you being you again!

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?