Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Perfect Storm...




That's what today was. What started as a possibly great day just smacked my ass and called me stupid. I ended up a pile of girl goo for many hours where it was then gently suggested to me by a wise man (that I was smart enough to marry ages ago) that maybe...just maybe working 12 hours a day 7 days a week had become a bit overwhelming and maybe a few days of doing nothing would be brilliant.

I am dumb enough to work my ass off all day every day (it's still work even if you love it...hey! I just learned that), but I am also smart enough to listen to sage advice when I hear it. (And when I've gone through a whole box of Kleenex in a day).

So, yay! We did get a new bed and yay! after it is delivered tomorrow, I am going to lie on it for two or three days and do nothing at all but that which I choose to do. As slowly as possible.

Amen.

XOXO
Sommer

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a COOL pic!

    Sorry your day sucked. That does sound like a wise man you have there. Congrats on the new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new bed a new bed!! I hope it lives up to its new bedness. I'm glad you're listening to the overwhelm and taking a break.

    I read the blog of a woman in Australia who has an autistic son, and various terrible sounding stresses she can't blog about. She's in her 30s and she's just had a second stroke, along with all sorts of other health issues. Stress is a killer. We should all take note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have no interest in having even *one* of those Jo. I do have a weird heart that goes glitchy when I get torqued. It's been flittering and flopping enough for me to take a break. So I am. in my own not-quite-a-break-break-taking-way.

    Bed is great, CJ. Not lumpy, sagging or springy in spots so it will take some getting used to!

    xoxo
    s

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?