Monday, August 8, 2011

see you on the flip side...


I'm leaving a bit early for vacation. Meaning, though we don't leave for a few days, I'm checking out to focus and get myself a full week of down time. There's a ton going on of late and I had a moment last night were I thought I might be done. Was very close to throwing my hands up and practicing for a new career, maybe the fry girl at the local food joint.

Say it with me: "Would you like fries with that?"

So...being as this is all I ever wanted to do...that scared me. When I went to bed, I tossed and turned and finally decided that instead of quitting because I feel like a total hack, I was probably--mostly--hopefully--fingers crossed just feeling v. overwhelmed and something that shouldn't have bothered me...did. A lot.

Hence an early departure for my first getaway in over a decade. Hopefully, I'll be back raring to go and not deciding I'd rather work in Donald's Dog Salon or at the Donut Shack.

We'll see.

XOXO
Sommer
p.s. thank you TTFN for making me that picture. It made me smile :)

2 comments:

  1. You're channelling Stephanie Plum today :) Have a fun one! Holiday preparation is horrible for mothers. I hates it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great one Sommer. No one deserves a vacation more. Enjoy it. :D









    Are you back yet? We miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?