Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dear Retailer,


the next thing I want to celebrate in 2011 is my family and my friends and my career and how thankful I am for all of that. Please stop stuffing Christmas down my gullet before I've even had my mashed potatoes. And I would like to (I know, I am just one in a sea of many but hey, if all of us 'ones' do it...) announce to you that if I walk in your store and you are playing Christmas music before my birthday has even arrived [public service announcement: 25 days and ticking...] I will walk right back out.

I will be shopping at retailers who allow me to enjoy my holidays. Who let me feel that same sweet anticipation I felt as a kid. Who let me daydream about what I want to do with my holiday and what I want to prepare and give to others instead of force feeding me How the Grinch Stole Christmas on November 5th or having the Christmas decorations up right next to the Halloween clearance.

I am done. So if I walk into your fine establishment this week and hear Fa-la-la-fucking-la on your overhead...I'm doing an about face. I think me and Etsy are going to have a fabulous holiday season together if major retailers keep this shit up. I always support Indie artists in my shopping nowadays, but Iwill go exclusive if major retailers keep adding to my general stress level by making me feel like Christmas is in four days instead of over six weeks from now.

Let's finish fall before we frost the damn yule log, shall we?

XOXO
Sommer

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO with you on this - only up here we get it worse because our Thanksgiving is at the beginning of October - and THEN it all begins. We don't even get to get through Hallowe'en before the Xmas stuff is up.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?