Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hmm...dilemma...

I am almost done this book. This book has haunted me. It has taunted me. It's in my head 24/7 even when I backed off to take a last minute emergency project. And now I am almost done! Almost...DONE!

But here's that dilemma I mentioned. I have had one particular scene in my head for this book from the first page. It stays in my head and it plays on a loop of good sexy awesomeness. And did I mention I'm almost done? I am right where I thought I'd be at this point in the book--ready to wrap it up and I just realized...I wrote right around that scene! I never did it. It's been in my noggin before I ever set a single word to paper and I didn't put it in.

Now me being me--which is a character driven writer--I figure that means that particular scene, while hot as the gates of Hell, doesn't really belong in this book. Maybe this is a different book. Maybe my characters changed their minds. Maybe someone got shy. Maybe...

Because I'm a firm believer that if it was meant to be, it would be in there. I often get to the end of a book and it feels like a giant laundry basket of tangled yarn. Tons and tons and tons of different colored yarn that's all somehow gotten wound up together and is a giant mess. And when I go back and do a proof reading, I realize...nope. My brain knew what it was doing even if I didn't.

And now that I have rambled over my forgotten scorching sex scene, my brain just told me what we're going to do.

So, hey, thanks for listening! It's all worked out now. Isn't it funny how that happens?"

XOXO
Sommer

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that always the case? LOL

    And you are a big tease for not telling us whether the scene went in or stayed out. But you already knew that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ, Moi? a tease? Puh-leeze. ;)

    And thx, A! :)

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?