Thursday, November 24, 2011

I still say Happy Thanksgiving...


despite discussion over such in the last few years. I draw from what the holiday has always meant to me. Good food, good friends, family. Sitting around a table, sharing a meal, listening to stories (especially those of my grandfather back in the day). I always anticipated not just the food but that overwhelming feeling of family and contentedness and laughter.

I have a good hefty chunk of Cherokee in me and some Blackfoot, we believe. So today, whether you choose to say Happy Thanksgiving or Happy Harvest or just Happy Thursday, I hope you have a wonderful day full of good memories, good grub, good friends, good laughs, family and whatever else floats your boat.

I still say Happy Thanksgiving, so I say that to you now. And follow with this which fits brilliantly into some of my roots:

Cherokee Prayer Blessing
May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Moccasins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?