Thursday, January 26, 2012

BSTs

Scottobear - 051231 sun (by-sa)

My goal this year has been to say yes, basically, to Big Scary Things. Things I have in the past avoided--even when they might have benefited me. So the first one came along and I said *gulp*...Yes. Not long after that BST something else good came along. Something I worked very hard for. Something I have been trying to manage but didn't know if the project would fly and/or if I was good enough and *sizzle*... It did fly. So again, I said...yes. That yes led to me having to--as we speak--embark on something I have avoided like the proverbial plague for over four years. And it is nerve wracking and definitely a B(ig) S(cary) T(thing), but I'm doing it anyway. And then today, after a lovely dinner party for my mother-in-law's birthday, I got an email. Another BST. See, I think if you get rolling along and face your fears and good things happen, you make room for more good things.

At this point, I just need to remember to breathe. And laugh at the BSTs. They seem less scary that way. I try to remind myself that most likely, one day I'll look back and wonder what the hell I was so scared of.

XOXO
Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?