Monday, January 9, 2012

Don't judge me...



Swamp Shark. I bought it. It's on my hot little iPad as we speak. And I'm watching it as I write this. It's been a pisser of a few days, this morning starting off with a raging gallbladder attack (the answer to my question "I wonder if I can eat just one piece of organic, no nitrate, grain fed, bacon" being NO!!!!!) and then went downhill from there.

But I feel better now. Because as I sit here, about to dive into my current project to try and get some semblance of a decent word count, I am watching a movie about a shark. In a swamp!

Other crappy day feel better movies include: Misery, Legion, Constantine, Lake Placid, Christmas Vacation, and The Princess Bride. How 'bout you?

Now back to my regularly scheduled sex scene...

XOXO
Sommer

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your gallbladder is still giving you fits. :( I'd fall across the couch and watch Misery, Legion, Constantine and Lake Placid. I love those movies!

    My personal favorites for sick days: Return of the Living Dead, Event Horizon, (the original) Halloween, The Ninth Gate, and Hellraiser 2. I don't know what it is about those movies, but when in doubt, I grab one of those to watch. ^_^

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats The Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally, and Sense and Sensibility (the Emma Thompson version).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cora! THE NINTH GATE! Oh my god. I am laughing so hard. A friend saw that with me when it came out. It was really good. Until the end. It was like a movie where they lost the ending of the script and just sort of made it up after that. But that's the fun of those kind of movies, I think. That's why they're so much fun.

    I forgot one. THE DARK HALF. Yum.

    Sharon, I haven't seen WHMS since it came out. Maybe it's time to revisit it. "I'll have what she's having..." Twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's see - sick day movies. Well, I have my sick moods so there's certain genres to go with each. On whimpy sick days, I tend to go for musicals/performing movies - Fame (the original, none of this newbie crap), Moulin Rouge, West Side Story, and Centre Stage. On pissy sick days, there's the chick power flicks - Stage Door, First Wives Club, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and Alice (the SyFy version).

    And on ANY sick day, all three (now four) seasons of Torchwood are good watching.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?