Friday, March 30, 2012

So many words, so many words...

F├╝ssli - Symplegma eines Mannes und einer Frau mit helfender Dienerin

I really had planned for this super secret selfish project I'm working on to be about 18-20,000 words when I started mulling it over last year. I was actually pretty darn worried about hitting my 18-20K. So, as I was squeezing in the end of a chapter and the beginning of another this morning before some chores, I was a bit surprised to see I'm at roughly 48,000 words. Surprised and excited. This project will be far more exciting than I even thought. I had planned on breaking a few current 'rules of thumb' for publishing. But I never expected it to be a full blown book. Now I'm extra stoked! The goal is to meander through this thing while hitting other deadlines and commitments and hopefully have it wrapped up and ready to go by the end of the year. I am FORCING myself not to rush on this one. And some days I give myself a super hard time.

 It's Friday and I'm feeling decent. I'm thinking I might give a glass of wine with the man a go tonight. I've only tried wine a few times in the last month+. And it did not work. It's been over two weeks since the last time. But I'm hoping I can sit down with him and at least have a glass to relax. I miss that little ritual of ours. I mean, come on, body...you can't let me have just one! Cross your fingers for me and have a great weekend!

XOXO
Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?