Sunday, April 22, 2012

A very important blog...

Sometimes after dinner is done, we linger. We discuss very important things. Tonight, we did that. Me with my wine and them with their dessert. Driving had come up. I told them the story of how my mom taught me to drive and then tried to teach me to park with their actual car between actual other cars on an actual street...and then my dad went damn near apoplectic. So then he went and fleshed out a parking spot of the exact dimensions in the MVA handbook at the very school girl child is about to graduate from. Then he made me park like...a thousand times. (I passed my test with flying colors on the very first try).

Then I noticed boy child arranging his Jolly Rancher jelly beans by color as we talked. Little soldiers of bright sugar all lined up on his napkin. Which lead to the heavy conversation. Top secret stuff. Make sure you have your clearance. Ready? Here goes:

Gummi Bears
(originals (Haribou))in order from least favorite to favorite.

Yellow (least)
Red
Orange
Green (fave)
*pineapple is only eaten if drunk or desperate

Skittles


 Yellow (least)
Orange
Red
Purple
Green (fave)

Starbursts

Yellow (least)
Pink
Orange
Red

*who remembers green ones? They had lime ones when I was growing up. I am *still* pissed that the discontinued them!

Jolly Ranchers (original flavors)

Strawberry (least)
Watermelon
Grape
Cherry

*green apple is only eaten in the case of a zombie apocalypse or if I find myself shipwrecked.

Now note that green is my favorite if it's lime, shunned if it's green apple. Green apple anything is an abomination. Not quite as bad as banana flavored stuff. Or um...pineapple gummi bears!

So that's my scoop. How about you? Do you have a system? I promise to keep your secret if you share :)

XOXO
Sommer

4 comments:

  1. Always red/pink first...as long as its cherry or strawberry or watermelon...then grape....then everything else unless someone else will eat them! if no one else is around I eat the icky ones isn't saving my Dave's for lat ;)

    One of the reasons I love my husband, he likes Lime, grape, orange and sometimes lemon! Yeah! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!

    Can I sit with you at the movie theater? Cause my faves are red and orange. Almost always. You can have my yellow and green! (note: I spurn the green apple too! Just too puckery...unless I need a sugar fix......)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely remember lime Starburst. Or Opal Fruits, as they were called in the UK.

    So let's talk M&Ms. Who's with me in mourning the loss of the tan ones? Also, get off my lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey, if I had my way, the man would like NO FLAVORS, I have enough competition to get my faves with the minions! :)

    CJ, yes! Yes, yes, yes! I too mourn the loss of the tan M&M and ironically, I said that just the other day. It was once red, orange, yellow, green, tan and dark brown. WTF is up with the damn blue?

    Aisling, Hmm. I'm not sure. We might be wrestling for oranges and reds in the dark. A) I typed dork first time and B) that kind of sounds dirty!

    XOXO
    S

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?