Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Baby, be a simple kind of man...

I have always loved this song. And every time they play the episode of Supernatural that opens with it, I am reminded that there is a book based on this song lurking in my brain. I just have to let it continue to brew. It's been in there for a while, but it's not done yet.

I probably have to listen to the song a good three hundred more times on constant rotation. That's how it works for me when I have stories in my head building steam. Just ask my kids. They listened to Florence and the Machines' LUNGS about 600 times on a loop (in the car) before my son finally wrestled it out of my hands and put on something else. He chose Sisters of Mercy from my stash. Don't worry...I already have notes on that book in my notebook ;)

Is this how it works for you? Or do you have a whole other system of story gestation?

XOXO
S


1 comment:

  1. OOh I love this song. Sometimes I'm the same way. And then there's other times when just once will suffice.

    I wish I had a formula. But you have amazing taste in music darling.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?