Monday, August 27, 2012

Thought I'd give you...

 Upper Butte Creek Falls 


a peek at where I am. In my head, at least. I'm working on book 2 of a 3 book deal, so yay! Very happy to be sitting here with one eye open to get back to my manuscript. Okay, mostly happy--my baby starts high school today and I am a bit...*sniffle*. She's ready and I'm thrilled for her, but my goodness, did time fly!  Not sure I'm ready for this :)

Now I have a question for you reader people. I was walking the dog this weekend and thinking about the way my memories work. For me, the easiest way to trigger a memory is through music or scent. Smells zap me back in time lickety split. Very easy for me to smell cologne or even certain foods and remember things vividly. The other trigger is music. I admit to having whole albums (yes! Albums!) that I can't listen to because they are linked--in this twisted maze of my brain--to tumultuous or painful times. I just found out this is not so for others. Some people think music is just...music! And do not mentally link every song to an event. Ha! What um...*ahem* nuts!

So what about you? What are your easiest ways to trigger memories? Is music just music to you or are you like me? Is music a secret link to the past? ;) Do tell!

XOXO
Sommer who is laying off the coffee...but dude, it's caffeine free @.@

1 comment:

  1. Are you certain we're not related? :P cuz I'm exactly the same as far as scents and music go. Although even if the memory is excrutiatingly painful, I can still listen to the songs.

    But when I smell a certain perfume or cologne, or if mom's making spaghetti sauce, it's like a trip down memory lane.

    And I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?