Sunday, November 18, 2012

I love to do this...(or I am feeling procrastinatish)

On a regular basis because I am so damn nosy I love to know what people are reading, watching, listening to or obsessed with at any given time. I wanted to show off some of my most recent obsessions and maybe if you're bored on this chilly November Sunday, you'll drop me a comment about your recent obsessions.

Here we go:



(click any images to go to the items on Amazon and read about my obsessions)

Vacation by Matthew Costello. Now...I won his book Home on Goodreads (yay, me!) and I realized that it was a book two. So I bought book one and...ate that sucker whole. I have not devoured a book in two days (two busy days, mind you) in a very long time. And even more rare than me reading a book that fast is me reading a sequel immediately after a first book. I have a thing about that. I prefer a break between the books but for this one...I could not wait! So I moved on to...



Wowza Wow! A sequel as good as the original book...unheard of. But no, not really. Because this one was. And I ate that super fast too (heh, that is a joke as there are cannibals in these here books) and I was left wondering, hoping...crossing fingers that there will be a third book. So, Matthew Costello I'm sure you're reading this (*snort*), please write me another book. It can be a birthday gift.


In the midst of all this I've been doing a lot of baking. Gluten Free of course. I bought the second book by Gluten Free on a Shoestring and have made some real yummy things for my tummy. Baking gets me away from the computer, my work and the imaginary people in my head who sometimes won't shut up. So if I'm baking a lot, it's to find my Zen. These were pretty Zen and pretty damn good too.



Yum, yum, yum! I barely shared. They were very fast, very easy and made my house smell terrific. Even the boy child who often shuns the GF food, no matter how tasty, ate them like a rabid wolverine. All recipes were found in this nifty book:




While you're waiting for yours to arrive visit her blog Gluten Free on a Shoestring. I made pumpkin butter this week from a recipe on the blog. I took a break from my writing and whipped up some tasty tasty crack. I mean, pumpkin butter. I swear you can make it while you're checking your email and Twitter and Facebook. Not that I do that often. *cough*

Let's see, what else? Walking the dog, plotting (my first) Thanksgiving, doing stuff with the man because he's off this week. (Get your mind out of the gutter. I meant stuff, stuff. Not that stuff. Okay, that stuff too, so you can leave your mind a wee bit in the gutter. Just a touch.)

And last night quite by accident I stumbled over this movie on cable and was flat out horrified/mesmerized as I watched it. Boy child came down 1/2 way through and told me it was Kevin Smith's movie and some of the background and quickly planted his skinny, sick (he's been v sick) ass in the rocking chair and watched the rest with me. Wow. If you want a scary because it's nearly true (or could be true *shiver*) movie that grips you by the short and curlies and won't let go...Red State is your movie.



Last but not least is my current addiction to Doomsday Preppers on National Geographic Channel. I'm not saying it's really getting to me, but I do check out the price of water and *cough* canned and dried goods a lot now. And I have twice as much food in my pantry as I used to. And I make Christmas wish lists that include flashlights and glow sticks and...solar lanterns.


Okay, I need to go clean now. This blog was basically a giant procrastination technique. If you feel like procrastinating too, drop me a comment and tell me what you've been up to: reading, watching, listening too and discussing. I'd love to know. I'm nosy that way.

XOXO
Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?