Monday, December 17, 2012

Special Guest Blogger: Lucy Felthouse

Special guest blogger on this foggy Monday is Miss Lucy Felthouse. Now I am off to pour another cup of coffee and Lucy is...well, hopefully about to tell us who the nekkid stud in the hay pile is! ;)

XOXO
Sommer

Thinking Christmas in June by Lucy Felthouse


My latest release has been in the pipeline for quite some time. Since very early this year, in fact. I'm part of the Wickedly Sexy Writers group, and one of the members floated an idea—would we all like to work on a group project, whereby we all take one of Santa's reindeer, make them into shifters and write erotic romances about them? I thought it was a great idea and jumped on board straight away. We made some plans together and aimed to have our stories submitted to the chosen publisher during June.


That presented me with a peculiar problem. I'd never written a Christmas/winter themed story, much less in June. I live in the UK, and June wasn't exactly bikini weather, but I still wondered how I would conjure up thoughts of snow, ice and Christmas cheer and work it into a story.


I needn't have worried. The more I thought about my story, the more I figured it would actually make sense to set it after Christmas. I won't say why, because it'll ruin the story for you, but that's what I did. The tale begins in early January—which actually, in the UK, is more likely to get snow and ice than Christmas time is! Let's just say I don't place any bets that we'll have a white Christmas.
Once I'd figured that part out, the rest actually came pretty easily. There are elements of the truth woven into my tale—living in a cul-de-sac which has a slight incline, vans getting stuck trying to get out of the road, and that there's a reindeer shifter living on my street. Okay, maybe not that last one. Or maybe? Who knows?


So... my first Christmas story isn't strictly a Christmas story. It's cold, snowy and icy, and it contains Santa and a reindeer called Cupid... but that's as close as it gets. My tale is much more about the erotic romance, and I hope you enjoy it ;)


*****


As a postman by day, and one of Santa’s reindeer on a single very special night, Cassius Cupid eats, sleeps, and breathes deliveries. He doesn’t mind, but sometimes wishes that someone would send him something more exciting than bills and junk mail.


One cold January morning, Cassius gets his wish. A young woman arrives with a parcel. Turns out it’s for his housemate – but Cassius doesn’t care. All he’s interested in is Carina – the beautiful female courier.
Has Cupid finally met his match?


More info, excerpt and buy links:
http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/cupid/
Add it on Goodreads here:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16161416-reindeer-games


*****
About the author:

Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Constable and Robinson, Decadent Publishing, Ellora's Cave, Evernight Publishing, House of Erotica, Ravenous Romance, Resplendence Publishing, Secret Cravings Publishing, Sweetmeats Press and Xcite Books. She is also the editor of Uniform Behaviour, Seducing the Myth, Smut by the Sea and Smut in the City. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9


3 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like a fun book and a fun project. Thanks for blogging about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an incredible idea. You guys are amazing. I so plan on reading this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stories all look great! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?