Thursday, January 17, 2013

"He bent to kiss the middle of my back. The feel of his mouth on me lovely. Cherished."

Oh my Gooooooooooooooood! I am so flipping happy. I started a novella about a week to ten days ago (I think, I swear I have no concept of time anymore. I constantly have to ask people OITW (that means Out in the World as in...where I rarely am) what day it is.

Anyway, this book has been more intense, more emotional, more humbling than I ever expected it to be. I have had a love/hate relationship with every moment of writing it. I love it. I hope when people read it, they love it too. If they're used to my happy/funny/goofy stuff, they might be startled. It's a bit more melancholy than the norm. If you've read my book My Ending or Base Nature then you'll be fine (heh).

Anyway, my job is just to write them. What happens when they hit the world is really none of my business. People are going to read it (Well, gosh, I hope they will) and they will feel about it the way they will feel about it and I'll just be over here being humbled that they took the time to read it.

Now back to my woohoo, happy dancing celebration that this book is done. And yes, that's a snippet from the book as my blog title. I'll share more news when I know what publisher will end up being its home. Fingers crossed :D

XOXO
Sommer

*photo credit: NimahelPhotoArt via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?