Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Next Big Thing...



The Next Big Thing Blog Hop...

What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them.  I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy.  On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me and one of my books and links to three other authors you can spy on. I mean, check out ;)
My gratitude to author E.A. Aymar for inviting me to participate in this event.  You can click the following link to learn more about E.A. and his work.  Website:  http://www.eaymar.com
 
Today, I was brave (or crazy enough) to answer ten questions about my most recent book that’s yet to be published. The authors I link to below will be doing the same next week, blogging about their most recent work or their WIP (work in progress). There’s also some top secret (not really) behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write. Writers are a strange and colorful lot. Keep up with this blog hop and I promise you’ll discover that for yourself. Who knows, you might even get a sneak peek or two!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!
crow and hawk

1: What is the working title of your book?
As the Crow Flies
2: Where did the idea come from for the book?
Out of the ether. Which is fairly normal. I was watching TV trying not to think about writing and boom! Idea. Character. Story. All there ripe for the typing.
3. What genre does your book come under?
Contemporary erotic literature
4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I cannot answer this question. Ever. I like to turn it around. I hope once it’s out there someone will tell me who they’d cast as the main characters. That’s the most fun you can have as a writer, hearing people’s suggestions for people you pulled out of your mind.
5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Young widow finds her way through the first year without her husband to discover what she wants—needs—is to feel someone's touch, some human contact.
6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?
It is under consideration with a new erotic publisher as we speak.
7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Two weeks. It’s a novella not a full length novel, so a bit faster than a book length work. Plus, it wouldn't leave me a long so I wrote a lot.
8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I’d compare it to my own book My Ending (Excessica) or Wanderlust (December Ink) or Base Nature (Ellora’s Cave). As for comparing it to other books by other writers, I can’t do that. I haven’t read anything recently that is in the same vein.
9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I have no idea. I think fear inspired me. A what would I do if it were me, kind of thing.
10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
The hero in this story. Definitely the hero.

And there you go! Pretty painless, eh? Below you will find authors who will be joining me by blogging, next Wednesday. Make sure to bookmark and add them to your calendars for updates on WIPs and New Releases! Happy Writing and Reading!

Aisling Weaver: http://aislingweaver.com

1 comment:

  1. On the edge of my seat waiting for another Sommer masterpiece! Sounds intriguing. :D

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?