Wednesday, March 27, 2013

20 Questions with Victoria Blisse: "My mum told me if you've got nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut..."

Happy hump day, all! Today is 20 Questions with Victoria Blisse! She's a busy little butterfly of a writer. She always  has something going on in the writing world. I happen to know she also has a secret weapon called Mitnik. A wonder team, indeed.

Don't forget to pop back in later when I'll be posting something else fun. It's a busy here on the blog today. I need a traffic guard...

XOXO
Sommer

~~~~~~~

1. Favorite YA book?

I have always loved Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain. They're probably technically children's books but I read them all through my teen years and loved'em to bits.

2. It’s a meatless meal night. You eat…

Falafel. I luuurvvvvve Falafel!

3. Football or baseball?

Football but I mean the British stuff with kicking and shooting and Gooooooooooal!

4. Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the first five books you see? No cheating!

American gods by Neil Gaiman, Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett, Bedknobs and Broomsticks  by Mary Naughton, Witches Brew by Terry Brooks and All about my Naughty Little Sister by Dorothy Edwards.

5. Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout?

Eat in, I love to cook.

6. Favorite meal to cook?

Oooh, I don't know. I love the challenge of doing something new but I do find making a lasagne very therapeutic.

7. Favorite TV show when you were a kid?

Sesame Street! It is still one of my very favourites!

8. Favorite TV show now?

Right this minute? Being Human.

9. Best teacher you ever had…

Oh, wow. I've had some crackers. I think I will plump for Mrs Linder.

10. What did they teach you?

She not only taught me all the school stuff also enriched me spiritually, morally and personally. She was fab, covered our class for just six months I think when I was in yr5 in junior school, so I was 10 years old ish.

11. Tell us something you did as a kid that no one/very few people know about.

Well when I was about 6/7 I ran away from school. It was a silly misunderstanding. The teacher said. "So who has a peg to hold their wellies together?" I shot up my hand but I was the only person who did. My teacher told me to go and get them but although I wasn't lying, we'd got a peg with my name burned into it over the weekend, I hadn't brought it into school. However, I didn't know how to explain that without getting into trouble so I decided I'd go home, get the peg, and bring it back to school.

A lovely old lady found me and took me back to school.  I got a good few minutes down the road too! I didn't get into trouble, thank goodness!

12. Tell us something you did this year that no one/very few people know about.
Hmmmmm, good question.  I bought a jar of fig jam today for the first time ever. It's very tasty. I'm afraid I am such a gobby person, I tell everyone anything half way to interesting!

13. What one clothing item can you not live without?

My grey and yellow striped jumper. I've had it since I was about 17 (so that's 17 years now) and it's just warm, snuggly and comforting. I love it.

14. Zombies, vampires or werewolves?

I love my vampires, hence my Point Vamp series.

http://victoriablisse.co.uk/series/point-vamp

15. Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to?

I'd love to write a historical erotic romance but it scares me half to death because it would need a lot of research!

16. Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t?

Hmm, I wrote a few icky things in a few personalised stories people paid me to write, fetish acts that do nowt for me at all. I'd have been happier not writing them. *LOL*

17. Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down?

I can't, just can't force myself to finish a book that doesn't grab me. I will tend to give it a few chapters but if the characters/plot don't pick up and get interesting I stop reading.

18. Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all?

My mum told me if you've got nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut, so I don't write negative reviews. I will give constructive criticism but that is different I think.

19. Do you read reviews of your work?

I do. I don't tend to seek them out but I will read them if I notice they exist!

20. Red wine or white wine?

Honestly? Neither by choice but I do prefer white wine when I do drink it, if ever.


Victoria Blisse is a Mother, Wife, Christian, Manchester United Fan and Award Winning Erotica Author.
She is equally at home behind a laptop or a cooker and she loves to create stories and baked goods that make people happy. Passion, love and laughter fill her works, just as they fill her busy life.

Find out more at http://victoriablisse.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?