Monday, March 11, 2013

Attack of the videos...

So I was about to post this when my son came down to show me something. This is a talk by Elizabeth Gilbert I watched ages ago after reading her book Eat, Pray, Love. Someone had posted it and I'd stumbled over it. It was so powerful to me that I posted it on my blog back them (at the time my blog was Smutgirl). I'm posting it again for a whole new wave of readers after seeing it posted the other day on FB. If you saw it on SG back in the day forgive me my repeat but some things bear repeating ;)

Ole to you, fellow writers! Ole!

Then like I sad, boy child came down to show me something. I balked and bitched that I was busy but he said, "Ma, I think you're gonna want to see this." Then I was crying and he was crying because my son is attached to my heart by a string that makes us damn near the same person and he can't watch me cry without getting choked up. I have amazing kids. This is what he knew I'd want to see...

Then to get me to stop crying he put this on. Of course I agree this song one hundred percent. Plus the fantastic thrift store fashion makes me think of Alison Tyler.

There you go. Big old attack of the videos. Happy Monday!

XOXO
Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?