Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"I split my jeans once in band..." 20 Questions With Alison Tyler


I'll confess. This whole brand new Wednesday spot 20 Questions started because I fell in love--hard and fast--with Alison Tyler's upcoming book cover and wanted an excuse to show it off. Dark Secret Love comes out in July. If you're like me, you're waiting...very impatiently, I might add.

So you can thank her and her sexy new cover for today's 20 questions and the oodles of upcoming spots! Who knew I'd get so many responses. And who knew how many amazing answers I'd get to the same 20 questions. I am super nosy and boy...am I learning a lot about my fellow authors. Make sure to come back every week for the dirt. I typed dirty the first time. Heh...wonder why.


XOXO
Sommer

1.       Favorite YA book? 
Just Another Love Story
2.       It’s a meatless meal night.
You eat… Chips and salsa.
3.       Football or baseball?
“It’s root, root, root for the home team! If they don’t win, it’s a shame.”
4.       Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the first five books you see? No cheating!
“Kitchen Confidential” (it’s the last book on the shelf, also—I have two copies), “Story of O,” “Lola: A Mystery Novel,” “Pearls are a Nuisance” by Raymond Chandler, “Praise, Vilification & Sexual Innuendo or How to Be a Critic.”
5.       Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout?
Eat in.
6.       Favorite meal to cook.
Chips and salsa.
7.       Favorite TV show when you were a kid? 
The Banana Splits (“Tra la la, la la la la, tra la la, la la la la.”)
8.       Favorite TV show now?
I could watch repeats of Entourage forever. (I love you, Ari.)
9.       Best teacher you ever had…
an Anthropology Professor at UCLA
10.   What did they teach you?
Lemurs
11.   Tell us something you did as a kid that no one else/very few people know about.
I split my jeans once in band showing a boy I liked that I was double-jointed.
12.   Tell us something you did this year that no one else/very few people know about.
 I split my … no, kidding.
13.   What one clothing item can you not live without?
My knee-high, zip up, battered all to hell Doc Marten boots. Nothing else compares.
14.   Zombies, vampires or werewolves?
Oh, my! (I’ll take vampires.)
15.   Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to?
Always. My to-do list is endless.
16.   Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t?
I wrote about a ménage a trois once and made the mistake of showing the story to the boys involved. Bad idea.
17.   Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down?
Is “throw it across the room” an option?
18.   Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all?
Pass. Why ruin someone’s day?
19.   Do you read reviews of your work?
Who me?
20.   Red wine or white wine?
Tequila. Straight up. Cheers.

Alison Tyler is loyal to coffee (black), lipstick (red), and tequila (straight). She has tattoos, but no piercings; a wicked tongue, but a quick smile; and bittersweet memories, but no regrets. She believes it won’t rain if she doesn’t bring an umbrella, prefers hot and dry to cold and wet, and loves to spout her favorite motto: “You can sleep when you’re dead.” She chooses Led Zeppelin over the Beatles, The Cure over The Smiths, and The Stones over everyone—yet although she appreciates good rock, she has a pitiful weakness for 80s hair bands. In all things important, she remains faithful to her partner of nearly eighteen years, but she still can’t settle on one perfume. Visit http://alisontyler.blogspot.com where she serves snark and virtual espresso 24/7.

4 comments:

  1. I love learning about people. :) But, then again, I have never thought that someone had given me TMI. Even the smallest thing is fascinating.

    Wasn't expecting the "throw it across the room" though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually done that, t'Sade. Though I admit, I think for most of us a book has to be pretty darn bad to abuse it. Now on a different note, I fell out of bed once laughing at a book (Bridge Jones's Diary Edge of Reason) and off an exercise bike once laughing at another (Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich). ;)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recycled books I hated. I have ripped up books. No joke. I can be vindictive.

    Thank you so much for hosting me, Sommer. Your Q&A was so much fun. My favorite question was the "no cheating" part re: books on the shelf. Here's something else nobody knows about me. My copy of "Story of O" is pretty fucking ancient. It has the phone number scrawled in the front of a handsome waiter who appreciated my reading material at the counter of The Daily Grill and offered to make part of the story of O the story of A. :)

    XXX,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific interview-- chips and salsa, my favorite! And what a delicious book cover!! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?