Thursday, March 21, 2013

This might be my year...


This is the view for me when I sit on my yoga mat when my practice is done. When I'm grateful. I rarely allow myself (some bizarre character flaw, I guess) to feel proud. Sometimes when I look at this, I feel proud.

This is my grandmother's shelf. Top left corner begins with a book printed on December 16, 2005 (so technically I count from 2006 to present).The bottom shelf, farthest right book arrived last week. The only space left is where that 'bookend' is. It is not really a bookend. It's a vintage Avon cologne decanter that was my grandfather's LOL. But that is all the room left on this shelf I have used to track my publications from the time I decided to try to get into print.

Of those books 19 are mine! 

Like I said, I rarely let myself feel proud, but once in a while when I look at this I feel a tiny glimmer of pride. I think this might be my year to fill the shelf up. I have no idea what I'll do with copies then. Guess I'll have to get a new shelf. Because I plan to keep going ;)

XOXO
Sommer

1 comment:

What sayest thou?