Wednesday, April 10, 2013

20 Questions With Angell Brooks: " A lot more action, and tighter pants..."

Good morning, lovelies :) Today's 20 Questions is with Angell Brooks. Or as the man calls her (as do many others) Miz Angell. As in: "Did Miz Angell comment on that blog you posted?" Even he knows she's super supportive and always around for writers (and others) in the erotica community. So time to find out some more about her, her likes and her writing...

XOXO
Sommer

1.       Favorite YA book? 
Remember Me by Christopher Pike. And, as a guilty pleasure, anything by Gordan Korman from my childhood.

2.       It’s a meatless meal night. You eat…Quinoa salad with veggie stir fry and edamame

3.       Football or baseball?
Football for sure. A lot more action, and tighter pants.

4.       Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the first five books you see? No cheating!
(It's my sexy bookshelf :P) Ok - Alison's Wonderland (Alison Tyler), Zombie Exterminators (Sommer Marsden), Melt With You (Alison Tyler), A Little Night Music (Sarah Dale), and Sex Dreams and Symbols (Dr Pam Spurr). And no I'm not kissing up. LOL.


5.       Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout?
Takeout. That's how my ass got to be this big.

6.       Favorite meal to cook?
Chicken fingers (baked not fried). Believe me when I tell you that they're awesome cold the next day.

7.       Favorite TV show when you were a kid?
Ummm...wow - this one is tricky. As a little kid, The Great Space Coaster. As I got older, Silver Spoons. And I've been a WWF (now WWE) fan since I was eight.


8.       Favorite TV show now?
Would have to say that I never miss an episode of The Vampire Diaries - or Supernatural. Sorry, couldn't choose just one.

9.       Best teacher you ever had…
Terry Bland - grade eleven media

10.   What did they teach you?
How to look beyond what the media is shoving in our faces. How to read deeper into a story, and look beyond the shadows to find the truth in everything.

11.   Tell us something you did as a kid that no one/very few people know about.
Pushed my mother against a wall. Definitely one of the worst moments of my life.

12.   Tell us something you did this year that no one/very few people know about.
I'd like to say something wonderfully original and fantastic, but the truth is that I've done nothing ... so far.

13.   What one clothing item can you not live without?
Styx hoodie

14.   Zombies, vampires or werewolves?
Used to be vampires, but there's been some great arguments in favour of the werewolf camp. So kind of torn right now.

15.   Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to?
My father and every lesson and bit of wisdom he left behind.

16.   Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t?
Yes, I wrote some things that hurt people that I love very much. Even though they were fiction, they were taken for reality.

17.   Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down?
I used to make myself finish books, but now I just put it down. Time is too short and there are so many amazing books out there to waste time on crap.

18.   Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all?
If I read something that's terrible, if I can find something that's positive about it, then I'll review it. I won't give it five stars or praise what's not there. But everyone needs positive affirmations in their lives. Someone created that. And to completely discourage someone's creativity is a sin. (Sorry - bit of a babble)

19.   Do you read reviews of your work?
It's not that often that I get reviewed, and since I've only been published in anthologies, I'll take what I can get. LOL. Yes I read them, and I'm grateful for every one of them.

20.   Red wine or white wine?
White. Red gives me headaches, as unfortunate as that is.


Once told that ‘Life is too short to live in beige.’ Angell Brooks lives in technicolour dreams as often as possible. Translating that into naughty tales to titillate and tease is a challenge she gladly accepts on a daily basis. When the voices in her head decide to give her a break, she sees her city as an adventure to be taken – the live music, the theatres, the clubs and pubs and interesting people all around. There is never a dull moment, and she embraces it with truth and love. Find her in anthologies by Cleis, Harlequin and December Ink Press.


Twitter: @angellz

1 comment:

What sayest thou?