Wednesday, April 24, 2013

20 Questions With Annabel Joseph: "I HATE COOKING."



I'm late! Sorry 0.0 I woke up at 4 a.m. and it's been all down hill from there. But onward and upward!

Today we have 20 Questions with Annabel Joseph, a writer who's new to me. She answered my 20 Questions call and here she is! Ahem...you just might not want to ask her about cooking. She has pretty strong feelings about it ;)

Enjoy!

XOXO
Sommer 

1.
       Favorite YA book?
Don’t read YA.

2.
       It’s a meatless meal night. You eat…
Jasmine rice and grilled asparagus.

3.
       Football or baseball?
Football. Actually, anything but baseball.

4.
       Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the first five books you see? No cheating!
Story by Robert McKee, Roget’s Thesaurus, Save the Cat by Blake Snyder, Flannery by Brad Gooch, and Ask the Pilot by Patrick Smith. I don’t keep many paper books because of my allergies, so if it’s on my shelf, it’s earned that place!

5.
       Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout?
Eat in. I usually just put stuff from three or four food groups on my plate and eat it. I hate cooking.

6.
       Favorite meal to cook?
I HATE COOKING.

7.
       Favorite TV show when you were a kid?
The Addams Family

8.
       Favorite TV show now?
Girls on HBO

9.
       Best teacher you ever had…
Ms. Shaffer in 7th grade.

10.
   What did they teach you?
She was the first teacher to encourage me as a writer. We kept journals and she put the most wonderful notes inside about what we’d written. It helped me realize the power of an author to move or inspire a reader.

11.
   Tell us something you did as a kid that no one/very few people know about.
I ran up the stairs whenever it was dark because I thought the devil would grab my heels.

12.
   Tell us something you did this year that no one/very few people know about.
I downloaded both the regular and acoustic versions of Justin Bieber’s U Smile.

13.
   What one clothing item can you not live without?
My pink fleece sleep pants.

14.
   Zombies, vampires or werewolves?
Vampires are sexiest to me.

15.
   Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to?
I desperately want to write a ménage. I’m waiting for the story to come to me.

16.
   Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t?
Vincent in Owning Wednesday was based on a friend who betrayed me terribly. I wish I hadn’t used him for inspiration for that character, because now whenever I read that book I think of him.

17.
   Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down?
I skim through to the end to see if it improves. (It almost never does.)

18.
   Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all?
I pass. It’s hard for me to be mean…and I feel mean when I criticize someone’s book because it probably meant a lot to them.

19.
   Do you read reviews of your work?
Once in a blue moon. It’s really hard for me.

20.
   Red wine or white wine?
I am terribly allergic to sulfites, so no wine.


Annabel Joseph specializes in the romance of dominance and submission. Visit her site: http://annabeljoseph.wordpress.com/books/

1 comment:

  1. I love Annabel Joseph and all her books! Thanks, Sommer for having her stop over and asking her the tough questions! *wink* Beth w.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?