Wednesday, May 1, 2013

20 Questions with Ashley Lister: "I don't do sports. I can find better ways to break a sweat."

It's Wednesday! Today's 20 Questions interview is with Ashley Lister. If you don't know Ashley, you need to. He's a strong voice in the erotica community and he has the title of being One-Of-The-People-Most-Likely-To-Make-Me-Laugh-Out-Loud when I see his posts on social media (or blogs). Wicked sense of humor, great erotic writing style, nice guy...check, check and check!

Go forth and see for yourself...





1. Favorite YA book?
It was and remains the Harry Potter series, although I've just started getting into Skullduggery Pleasant and they're a lot of fun.

2. It’s a meatless meal night. You eat…
Chili-non-carne (veggie chili rocks)

3. Football or baseball?
I don't do sports. I can find better ways to break a sweat.

4. Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the first five books you see? No cheating!
Named and Shamed (Janine Ashbless)
The Mile High Club (edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel)
Satisfy Me Tonight (Fiona Zedde)
Lipstick on Her Collar (Saachi Green and Rakelle Valencia)
Pleasure Bound (anon)

5. Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout?
 EAT IN.

6. Favorite meal to cook?
 fajitas

7. Favorite TV show when you were a kid?
The A Team.

8. Favorite TV show now?
Game of Thrones

9. Best teacher you ever had…
Mr Casson.

10. What did they teach you?
English - and a lifelong love of the written word.

11. Tell us something you did as a kid that no one/very few people know about.
I taught myself to touch-type.

12. Tell us something you did this year that no one/very few people know about.
I treated myself to a Smartphone.

13. What one clothing item can you not live without?
A black leather jacket.

14. Zombies, vampires or werewolves?
Zombies for giggles: Vampires for passion: Werewolves for genuine terror.

15. Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to?
Zombies.

16. Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t?
Syllable weights in a mind-numbingly dull academic article.

17. Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down?
I hurl it violently across the room.

18. Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all? Ideally I'd prefer to pass on them but if I'm forced to review dross I will give an honest opinion. (I've had hate mail).

19. Do you read reviews of your work?
Yes - and I weep.

20. Red wine or white wine?
Neither - I'm teetotal.

Ashley Lister is the author of several novels and short stories, as well as the recently released title: How to Write Erotic Fiction and Sex Scenes. His blog can be found on: http://howtowriteeroticfiction.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. I am a bit of a hurler too. I hate being pulled in to buy a book and then being disappointed. I can never finish a 'bad' book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only problem nowadays with hurling books is that it's expensive on Kindles ;-)

    Ash

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?