Wednesday, May 29, 2013

20 Questions With Tenille Brown: “ha, ha… yeah, I ‘quove you!”

Good morning! It's Wednesday again. Can you fucking believe that?

This week's willing victim is Tenille Brown. Tenille's a fun person to follow on Twitter. Her Mommy and Me tweets are often hilarious and she's just an all around neat person. Check her out if you get a chance.

XOXO
Sommer

1.    Favorite YA book?

“Go Ask Alice” by Anonymous because I was twisted even back then.

2.    It’s a meatless meal night. You eat…

Spinach Florentine

3.    Football or baseball?

Football…specifically…49ers football.

4.    Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the first five books you see? No cheating!

Love by Toni Morrison, She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb, Sugar by Bernice L. Mc Fadden, Skinny by Diana Spechler, The Coldest Winder Ever by Sista Souljah (P.S. I tore my bookshelf down, these are on a shelf in my closet)

5.    Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout?

Eat in

6.    Favorite meal to cook?

Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo

7.    Favorite TV show when you were a kid?

Fraggle Rock (hides face)

8.    Favorite TV show now?

How I Met Your Mother (again…hides face)

9.    Best teacher you ever had…

Virginia Nix

10. What did they teach you?

Long Division

11. Tell us something you did as a kid that no one/very few people know about.

I wrote this boy a note telling him that I loved him and my handwriting was so bad that the “l” in love looked like a “q” so he came up to me in front of everyone and said “you…quove…me?” and I just went with it and was all “ha, ha… yeah, I ‘quove you!”

12. Tell us something you did this year that no one/very few people know about.

Ask me 25 years from now ;)

13. What one clothing item can you not live without?

A five year old pair of black high heeled Timberlands, love them. They never go out of style.

14. Zombies, vampires or werewolves?

Lesser of the three evils…Vampires.

15. Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to?

I would really like to tackle paranormal erotica, just to prove to myself that I can do it.

16. Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t?

Yes, and I deleted it about a week ago.  It was a terrible oral sex story written about nine years ago.

17. Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down?

Put it down…who’s got that kinda time?

18. Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all?

If you don’t have anything nice to say…

19. Do you read reviews of your work?

I write shorts so I’m just happy when I happen to come across reviews that mention me.

20. Red wine or white wine?

Red, if there’s no vodka in the house.

Tenille Brown’s writing is featured in over fifty print anthologies including Best Women’s
Erotica, Chocolate Flava 1 and 3, Curvy Girls, Going Down, Best Bondage Erotica 2011 and 2012, Sapphic Planet, Suite Encounters, Open, Best Lesbian Erotica 2013, Only You, Sudden Sex,  Smut Alfresco, and Smut for Chocoholics.  She writes for Mischief Books, and has non-fiction included in The Greenwood Encyclopedia of African American Writers.  The southern wife and mother blogs at http://therealtenille.com and tweets @TheRealTenille. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?