Wednesday, May 22, 2013

20 Questions With Willsin Rowe: "The jury’s still out on whether it was the cartoon boobies or the references to seminal fluid that tipped the thing over into bannable territory."

After a particularly grueling day yesterday (see my Twitter feeds and FB feeds if interested), I am so happy to post something fun. And one of my favorite mates, too! See how I used mates? I am very proud of that. Anyway, not just a mate but my super secret weapon aka my cover artist for any of my self publishes stuff. And Excessica stuff too!

And away we go with Willsin Rowe. Mostly because I'm so tired today I an incapable of being clevererererer than what's above ;)

XOXO
Sommer



1.       Favorite YA book? The only one I’ve read lately is The Hunger Games. And it pretty much rocked.
2.       It’s a meatless meal night. You eat…Spanish potato and onion omelette...followed by home made custard pie!
3.       Football or baseball? Football...but not the American kind, if possible. I don’t unnerstan’ it at all...
4.       Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the first five books you see? No cheating! “Big Country: A Certain Chemistry”, “Warwick Castle”, “The History of Sexuality - Volume 1”, “A Friend Like Henry” and “Scottish Clans - A Pitkin Guide”.
5.       Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout? Eat in.
6.       Favorite meal to cook? Lamb roast. (Part B: Least favorite meal to wash up from? Lamb roast.)
7.       Favorite TV show when you were a kid? Warner Brothers Cartoons. The new ones are quite smart and sassy at times, but the originals are still the best. (I woulda also said The Banana Splits, but Alison Tyler beat me. And I loved it!)
8.       Favorite TV show now? “Rake”. It’s an Aussie show with some of the best TV writing I’ve ever seen/heard.
9.       Best teacher you ever had…Mrs. Gillett in Year 6.
10.   What did they teach you? Acceptance of quirks (mainly mine), and she started me on the path of embracing creativity.
11.   Tell us something you did as a kid that no one/very few people know about. At the age of four I used to climb onto the roof of our house. Which was on a hill. The front was one storey, but the back was 2 storey. I favoured the back. For some reason my mother used to freak out about it...
12.   Tell us something you did this year that no one/very few people know about. I made a smutty trailer for Virginia Wade’s “Cum For Bigfoot” series. Not so “out there” I realise, but it was the first time Youtube banned one of my videos! Yay me! The jury’s still out on whether it was the cartoon boobies or the references to seminal fluid that tipped the thing over into bannable territory.
13.   What one clothing item can you not live without? My blue velvet jacket (a-la Austin Powers).
14.   Zombies, vampires or werewolves? Werewolves. Every. Single. Time.
15.   Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to? Werewolves!
16.   Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t? Not desperately, no...though there was that Valentine's Day card to a girl in Year 10 at school that was pretty damn awful...
17.   Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down? Put it down. I barely make adequate time to read good or excellent books at the moment. No way I’m going to waste my reading time on something that doesn’t get my juices flowing.
18.   Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all? I pass. Similar to reading, I don’t get to write reviews for all the books I love.
19.   Do you read reviews of your work? I do. It’s still quite a novel experience for me to find a review of my work, so I jump straight on board that bucking bronco.
20.    Red wine or white wine? Red. There’s something so much more relaxing about it for me.


Willsin Rowe falls in love with a scent, a playful expression or an act of casual intimacy more easily than with physical beauty. When confronted by any combination of those elements he is a lost cause. He has done many things over and over, done even more things only once, and half-done more things than he cares to admit. He loves to sing and doesn’t let his voice get in the way. He is intelligent but not sensible. He is passionate but fearful. He is not scruffy enough or stylish enough to be cool.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm here! I love the snippet you picked for the heading! Thanks for having me! And other exclamation-point-worthy things!

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?