Wednesday, June 19, 2013

20 Questions with Bel Anderson: " I get pretty excited about Downton Abbey!"

Here we've arrived at the last 20 Questions. Thanks to all who have participated and those who have come to spy--I mean read! I hope you enjoyed this little voyeuristic experiment into the lives of some writers. Our final victim is Bel Anderson. And away we go...




1.       Favorite YA book?  I don’t read much YA – but I’d have to say Sabriel by Garth Nix and also Lirael and Abhorsen, the two follow-ups. I read them years ago but can’t bear to part with them!

2.       It’s a meatless meal night. You eat…  Most nights are meatless. My real favourite is a recipe I make which we call ‘oat roast’ – oats, onions, cheese, an egg, marmite, mixed herbs, all cooked together and made into a loaf. We have this with roast potatoes and vegetables, like a traditional ‘roast’.

3.       Football or baseball? Ugh. Do I have to pick one?

4.       Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the first five books you see? No cheating!  The Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine, House of Echoes by Barbara Erskine, Passion Fruit by Sue Limb, Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson, A Spell of Winter by Helen Dunmore.

5.       Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout?  Average weekday? Cook in.  Average Saturday? Cook curry!

6.       Favorite meal to cook?  Actually, curry. Quick to prepare and then an hour to mature in the oven.

7.       Favorite TV show when you were a kid?  Roobarb and Custard – a cartoon.

8.       Favorite TV show now?  I get pretty excited about Downton Abbey!

9.       Best teacher you ever had…  Madame Goodwin.

10.   What did they teach you?  French – as you may have guessed from the name!

11.   Tell us something you did as a kid that no one/very few people know about.  I used to pick my nose on the toilet and wipe it on the wall. I don’t think anyone knew…

12.   Tell us something you did this year that no one/very few people know about.  Um, well, only one person at work knows I write erotica!

13.   What one clothing item can you not live without?  My knickers. That would be really uncomfy in jeans.

14.   Zombies, vampires or werewolves? Oh, vampires every time!

15.   Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to?  I’ve pretty much covered everything I can think of that interests me at the moment, although I would maybe like to write about a vampire...

16.   Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t? No. Regret is the most pointless emotion!

17.   Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down? Chuck it across the room, usually.

18.   Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all? I say nothing at all because I usually know the people who wrote them. If a book was awful and I didn’t know the writer, I’d just review honestly but not viciously like some do.

19.   Do you read reviews of your work?  There haven’t been many reviews yet – but I do. Even a bad review can be helpful and you can soon tell if someone is just a miserable, spiteful cur!

20.   Red wine or white wine? White, ice cold please – or spritzed with soda and ice.



Bel lives in the South East of England with her family. She works for a living by day and does what she loves best at night… writing! She finds writing erotica very liberating and likes to veer between erotica and her mainstream work to keep life interesting. She loves the thought of her words bringing pleasure to others!

http://belandersonwrites.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?