Wednesday, June 5, 2013

20 Questions with Nobilis Reed: "The rest of the world should be thanking me that I wear pants."

Good morning! Today's 20 Questions is with Nobilis Reed. Forgive the wonky formatting at the bottom. I have twisted this sucker every which way but wine. (Meaning I had the urge to drink when fucking with it). Everything behaved but the bio. And after a half an hour of messing around with it, I'm going to cry uncle. I submit. Be the way you want bio. You are still packed full of information. Just see for yourself...


1.       Favorite YA book?

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardobe.

2.       It’s a meatless meal night. You eat…

Hummous, with whole wheat pita bread, babaganouj, and if we're feeling
very ambitious I'll make felafels.

3.       Football or baseball?

Baseball is slightly less problematic because there are fewer injuries
with lifelong cognitive impairments.

4.       Look at your bookshelf. Top shelf, left to right, what are the
first five books you see? No cheating!

The bookshelf near my desk?

The Pathfinder core rulebook, the D&D monster manual, the Nobilis
roleplaying game (coffee table edition, also known as the "Big White
Book", "Dogs in the Vineyard" rpg, and the "octaNe" RPG.

If you asked about my to-be-read pile next to my bed, that would be:

Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula LeGuin
Spectyr, Phillipa Ballantine
Heartless, Gail Carriger
Angry Lead Skies, Glen Cook
Naamah's Curse, Jacqueline Carey

5.       Average night. Eat in, eat out, or takeout?

Eat in. My kid, Addi, cooks when she doesn't have class. Otherwise
it's me. We get takeout two or three times a month, and restaurants
maybe once a month.

6.       Favorite meal to cook?

Chicken piccatta. It's far better than it has any right to be, given
how easy it is to make.

7.       Favorite TV show when you were a kid?

National Geographic Specials.

8.       Favorite TV show now?

Game of Thrones.

9.       Best teacher you ever had…

Wow, tough one, I've had so many awesome teachers. I think Ann
Regentin, who has been my writing mentor lately, has to be on top.

10.   What did they teach you?

How to find the ending for a novel.

11.   Tell us something you did as a kid that no one/very few people know
about.

I wasn't really that interesting as a kid! I suppose I can say that I
refused to join my friends in a raid involving gunpowder and plumbing
supplies. Luckily they didn't go through with it. My friends were much
more interesting than I was.

12.   Tell us something you did this year that no one/very few people know
about.

I created a female pseudonym and started writing stories under it.

13.   What one clothing item can you not live without?

The rest of the world should be thanking me that I wear pants.

14.   Zombies, vampires or werewolves?

Right now, it's Zombies that are on my mind. My RPG group just
finished the first chapter of our Dresden Files campaign, and it
involved hundreds of despair-howling zombies.

15.   Anything you haven’t written about that you desperately want to?

A planet where strange meteorites hold the secret to fabulous
transformative magic.  This story idea has been sitting in my idea
notebook for WAY too long.

16.   Anything you’ve written about that you desperately wish you hadn’t?

I regret nothing.

17.   Do you finish a book that is terrible or put it down?

Put it down. I probably stop reading half the books I start.

18.   Do you review terrible books or pass on saying anything at all?

I mark them as "Didn't finish" on GoodReads sometimes, and say why.

19.   Do you read reviews of your work?

Yes, unfortunately.

20.   Red wine or white wine?

Red. Specifically, port.



A few years ago Nobilis Reed decided to start sharing the naughty
little stories he scribbled out in hidden notebooks.  To his surprise,
people actually liked them!  Now, he can’t stop.  The poor man is
addicted.  His wife, teenage children, and even the cats just look on
this wretch of a man, hunched over his computer and shake their heads.
 Clearly, there is no hope for him.  The best that can be hoped for is
to just make him as comfortable as his condition will allow. Symptoms
of his condition include two novels, several novellas, numerous short
stories, and the longest-running erotica podcast in the history of the
world. Visit: http://nobiliserotica.com/site/bookindex/let-me-show-you/

1 comment:

  1. *sighs, shakes head and makes note of another fascinating author to add to TBR pile; peers over the top*

    Whew - ok, I can still see the other side....

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?