Sunday, June 16, 2013

The road is long...

but so many people are cheering us on. THIS was not a shock--not if you know Alison Tyler in any way. She's just that kind of chick. Good from the word go (even when she's bad she's good). What was a shock was the overwhelming amount of people who stepped up to help us. In all ways. And I wanted to take a moment (I hope I'm making sense, FYI) to say thank you. Which seems very small words in the face of such humbling support and love.

But thank you will have to do until I invent better words. The messages, emails, prayers, thoughts, comments, gifts that have arrived at my home and the response to AT's post is staggering and wonderful. This is a difficult time for us, but I believe in the power of positive thought and that good intentions held can have positive benefits. When I was in my 20s I meditated twice a day for cancer patients. I did not know them. Had never met them. All I knew was their name and their cancer type. I believed that I was doing good by focusing my positive thoughts and feelings on them to help them heal. May sound hippy-dippy depending on your outlook, but hey it couldn't hurt, right?

That's how I feel about what we are experiencing right now. All the messages of love, support, understanding and good thoughts are helping us head in the right direction. Which is a healthy man. He's my best friend in the whole world, so I thank you for taking time out of your life to give him good thoughts and support. And for rallying around me in possibly the most scary time in my life.

I count myself lucky and blessed to be a part of this community.

Much love,
Sommer

photo credit: Avard Woolaver via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?