Tuesday, August 6, 2013

That Other Voodoo That You Do: Lucy Felthouse edition!

Morning, morning. I know, I've been a bad, bad blogger. But I'm about to make that up to you with this guest post by Lucy Felthouse. I'd like to make this a regular thing so if you have other voodoo that you do when you're not writing, hit me up at sommermarsden[at]gmail[dot]com. I'd love to hear from you...

And now, welcome Lucy!

XOXO
Sommer

~~~~~



That Other Voodoo That You Do by Lucy Felthouse

First, thanks to Sommer for having me over here and for this fab idea for a guest blogging series.
So, what do I do when I’m not writing? Lots of things, many of them boring, but my favourite thing to do is to go out exploring the countryside with my other half and my dog, Scamp. I love country houses, mansions, castles, abbeys, ruins, stone circles, pretty villages and just any beautiful countryside. I’m a particular fan of the Peak District, as it’s got all of the above things, and so much more. It straddles several counties, and although I go there an awful lot, I see something new and fascinating each time I visit. I’m very lucky to live so close to it, though the plan is to sell enough books that I can buy a house and live there!

I love how the landscape is so different, from gritstone to limestone, to rolling hills and craggy moors, it’s just stunning. The photograph was taken near to The Roaches and Lud’s Church, which are two particularly interesting places. You can visit them easily both in one day if you do an eight mile walk or one at a time if you do four mile walks. They both have myths and legends associated with them, which just intrigues me further. The Roaches has a pond at the top which is alleged to house a mermaid... in a landlocked county. Go figure. And Lud’s Church is a chasm in the middle of some woods where it’s alleged that sunlight only hits the bottom (which is covered in sludgy mud – Scamp loved it!) on Midsummer’s Eve. A legend associated with it is that one of King Arthur’s knights came across it and got into an argument with a giant. Fascinating stuff. If you’re into that kind of thing, the Internet will definitely tell you more.

So, yeah, walking in and exploring the countryside is something I adore doing. I don’t really like climbing hills as I’m not very good at it, but I do it anyway so I can see the views from the top (Scamp has quite often assisted by dragging me up). I love views. It’s good exercise, mostly doesn’t feel like it, there are no crowds, the company is great and it’s inspiring. What’s not to love? If you’re ever in the Peak District, give me a shout and we’ll go and explore together.


*****
When Katrina’s ex, Tom, turns up on her doorstep, he’s literally the last person she was expecting to see. After dumping her and running off with a vanilla chick, Tom broke the Domme’s heart and left her seriously hurting. So when he returns, begging for another chance, Katrina is understandably very confused and protective of her bruised feelings. She finds it very difficult to believe that he’s turned his back on a vanilla lifestyle for good and wants to be with her, a professional dominatrix. Rather than letting her head or her heart figure out what to do, whether to forgive him, she decides to put Tom through a series of challenges that will prove his devotion to her—or not. Testing Tom is not something she’d ever expected she’d have to do, but to her, it’s the only way she can be sure whether he’s back for good.



Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over seventy publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include Best Bondage Erotica 2012 and 2013, and Best Women's Erotica 2013. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies. She owns Erotica For All, and is book editor for Cliterati. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy! :D

    I love exploring too, however, I'm not too crazy about the outdoors (right now - I'm hoping that changes). Scamp is adorable.

    And Testing Tom sounds like something I need on my shelf.

    Sommer, excellent idea for a series. Can't wait to see who's next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Miz! Yes, I hope you start to like the outdoors, it's so pretty. :)

      Delete

What sayest thou?