Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Guest Blogger: Lynn Townsend ~ Blood Cries Up

I have treats for you today, no trick! Guest blogger Lynn Townsend taking about her brand spanking new book!Here we go:

I started out this short story with no idea what I was doing; I had an image in my head of a ghost perched on the side of a gravestone, looking at a mourner. So, I started asking all the writerly questions; who's mourning? What happened? Why are they in the graveyard when a ghost can see them at all? Cemeteries usually being closed at sunset and all; despite what Hollywood would have you believe, it's not that easy to get into a boneyard at night.

I worked through that part, I had the situation set up... and then I got stuck on the bad guy.

So I turned to my SME (Subject Matter Expert.)

Me: Hey, if you were an evil villain -
Husband: What do you mean, if?
Me: Well, let's say you could separate a soul from its body. Why would you do that?
Husband: Depends which part I was using. Does the body function without the soul? Takes orders? Simple orders or two step-directions? In either case, I'd probably have it fight other creatures to find out if it was useful as a soldier. If it can kill a large dog, it's useful by itself. If not, I may need a whole army of them. Maybe the soul would power some other arcane device. The possibilities are endless!

Sometimes it's nice having your own resident evil genius...

and other times... it's a bit disturbing.


Blurb: Since the death of his sister, Dariel's been haunting her grave. Then he meets Zach. It's love at first sight -- unfortunately Zach is a ghost. An accidental possession results in Zach moving into Dariel's body, but before they can fully figure that out, they learn that there's more to Zach's death that the suicide it had seemed -- much more. With the help of the cemetery cat, Dariel and Zach will have to confront the diabolic Isaac Caine and return Zach's soul to its proper resting place.


Author Bio: Lynn Townsend is a geek, a dreamer and an inveterate punster. When not reading, writing, or editing, she can usually be found drinking coffee or killing video game villains. Lynn's interests include filk music, romance novels, octopuses, and movies with more FX than plot.


Coming soon to Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/Lynn-Townsend/e/B005OQA0AA (Amazon Author Page)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I like the sound of this. Can't wait to read it Lynn! I don't have a resident evil genius, but he is available by phone...hehe.

    SIGH - Sommer, what have I told you about adding to my TBR list????

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angell, good to have new readers... and living with an evil genius can get kinda exhausting sometimes... but he's worth it.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?