Monday, December 9, 2013

So here's how it went...

*jingle jingle* went my phone.

Text from Ma: "It's here on THE AVENUE!!! Congratulations!!!! It is under New Romance. Love U! Ma

Then of course the phone instantly rang before I could even absorb the text. Here goes:

Mom: It's here! I'm holding it.
Me: Put it down!
Mom: No! I want to support you!
Me: Fine, but don't read it.
*laugh*
Me again: And if you do read it, don't tell me!
*much talking over each other*
Me: How many are there?
Mom: Let's see. One, two, three, four, five...six. Because I'm holding one.
Me: In New Romance cover out?
Mom: Yes!
Me: Holy shit.
*much more babbling and excitement*

Dinner...mucho good chicken and wild rice soup. But a nervous stomach and a problem with not smiling when I'm supposed to be chewing. I say, "What's that I hear?"

Girl child (catching on instantly): Books.
Me: Doing what?
Girl child: Calling you to come visit them.
Me: Who's in?
Both kids: Me!

So we piled in the SUV and we visited. I walked in circles in the Barnes and Noble and kept going back to look at them. They took pictures. I held one up smiling. I'm sure we looked like hillbillies just arriving in the big city. "Look there, Ma, there's a ce-ment pond..." Heh. But we had fun and I bought us coffee and we wandered back to the car in the chilly evening with snow on the ground and the Christmas lights lit and my book in the bookstore. My. Book...in the bookstore.

:)



2 comments:

  1. Laughed so hard at this post. Congratulations! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! Congrats sweetie. You so deserve it. :D

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?