Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 11 brings Kiki Howell, a bagua board and a thong...a book thong! Don't be dirty. Heh...



Today I have Kiki Howell, another of my favorite online writer-type people. We keep threatening to meet in person one day. We have a ton in common, kids, writing, food allergies (heh), Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra and more. What's not to love!

Kiki writes magical, mystical, supernatural love. You should check her out!

Before I give the floor (or the board, should I say?) to Kiki let me say yay! Jeremy Wright must be psychic because he said he felt lucky yesterday and tada! He is lucky! Random.org chose him to win Selena Kitt's Temptation. Jeremy, I'll be sending your winnings along soon. :)

Today, Kiki is offering a print book and a hand knitted book thong. *Make sure to leave your email addy with your comment so we can contact you if you win. And as always, all comments are entered to win the grand prize! 

XOXO

Sommer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Birthdays & Bagua Boards by Kiki Howell

So excited to be here celebrating 9 Years of Sommer, especially when I’m in a celebrating mood, as my birthday was just a few days ago. Birthdays always bring to mind a time of reflection, of looking back at what went right and wrong last year, and looking forward to a new year ahead. One thing I like to do this time of year is update my Bagua Board. I’m a certified Feng Shui practioner, so this is a Feng Shui version of say a vision board.
I took a cork board and divided it into the nine baguas by painting each square its corresponding color.


Then, according to what I want this next year in each bagua, I pin pictures to it. Some are from magazines and some are printed from the internet, some are photograpghs, and some can even be drawn if you want to get creative. Any way you find or create them is fine. Make it yours. Here’s a pic of mine completed. Sorry, was hard to get a good picture of, but at least you’ll get the point.



It’s a fun project I recommend doing anytime. You will notice that some picture overlap baguas, and that is simply because for me, some things in my life overlap. Also, as far as my writing goes, I have it represented in three baguas: Career, Fame and Wealth.

Where you hang your Bagua Board is a personal matter, according to the Feng Shui schools I studied, or was trained in, (a mix of Black Hat and Form). Hang it in the bagua that speaks to you, for example, I like to hang mine in Wealth and Abundance. It makes sense to me that I’d want an abundance of all of these things. Plus, this is a problem area in my house so it serves as a balancing cure as well.  Tip: these baguas fit over your home by lining up the black/career bagua with the side of your house that contains your front door. But, put it where you want it. Everything in your house is speaking to you, make sure it has nice things to say!!! If you hate a cure it won’t work for you *winks*

About the Author, Kiki Howell
Ever since she was young, Kiki could spend hours lost in a book, and soon she knew that creating lives, loves, and losses with just words had to be the greatest thing that she could do. To that end, she pursued her study of literature and writing, earning a bachelor’s degree in English. She has now had over thirty stories published between eleven different publishers.  In May, 2011, Kiki was chosen as an Ohioana Book Festival author for her novel, Torn Asunder. She's also had three flash fiction stories win writing contests. In the fall of 2013, her latest novel, Hidden Salem, made the Amazon Top 100 Bestsellers Lists in 3 categories: Paranormal, Suspense and Ghosts.


7 comments:

  1. Coolest post. I'm going to try it. The man and I tried to Feng Shui the house pre minions with mixed results. It is worth revisiting. And I love Wayne Dyer, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting board

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew about bagua before today, but it sounds like something I could use...

    Trix, vitajex(At)Aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really cool - I'm going to have to try that!

    sammi(at)funwithsammi(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of this, the board I mean, I've heard of Feng Shui. It looks really interesting, and something I could probably do (not crafty...at all).

    Shannon
    sabai30705(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an idea board that's similar to that for developing story ideas. Great way to do it Kiki!

    dariuskarada@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post Kiki! I never would have thought of it.

    (and we keep trucking along....*grin*)

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?