Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 16 brings us Justine Elyot, a bit of smushiness that made me sniffle and a hell of a choice of prizes!

Sunday morning already! Damn. Is it me or does the weekend fly by while the week takes its sweet old time. :P Oh well, I'll do my best to savor today. I'll start by saying woohoo to Trix! Trix is Lucy's winner from yesterday. Trix, Lucy will be contacting you shortly and you have that big fat choice to make. Good luck with that ;) All the rest of you were, of course, put into the draw for the grand prize.

Today is Justine Elyot here on UA (I admit her post made me sniffle a bit). In  nutshell, Justine is one of my absolute favorite erotic authors. She's such a talent I could try to put it into words for you but I fear I'd fail. Which would make me look bad considering I'm a writer and all. Eep! Justine penned (well, actually, I assume she typed it) one of my favorite stories, Gentleman's Relish, in my anthology Gritty. Somehow she is dirty and classy and filthy and refined all in one short story and always wants you leaving more. Can't beat that with a stick. Not that we're beating things, but...yeah, that took a severe left turn. Never mind. How about we just move on to Justine!

Justine is giving you a choice, and thank goodness I don't have to make it because if I did...I'd have some trouble. *Please remember to leave your email address with your comment so we can contact you if you win. If we can't contact you, you can't win. And that would be so sad. :(

Have a great Sunday!

XOXO
Sommer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


If a week is a long time in politics, then nine years is something or other in erotica. Impressive, amazing, brilliant? Any of the above. Congratulations to Sommer on her 9th anniversary.

My first experience of Sommer's writing was during a one of my regular trawls of Alison Tyler's blog. I don't remember exactly how long ago it was, but Alison had an anthology with a fire theme that she was marketing at the time. She put up the first few paragraphs of Sommer's story Fire Woman and I read it and was blown away (or maybe blown up). To be honest, it caused me more than a moment of doubt because I couldn't imagine writing with such force and assurance and sheer white-heat. I moped about feeling inadequate for a bit, and read the story several times in a row just to make sure it really, really was that good. (It was.)

I guess it was two or maybe three years later that I had the privilege of getting to know Sommer as a fellow anthology contributor. I couldn't believe my luck when my first story, Advanced Corsetry, wound up in the same collection as one of Sommer's stories, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I shared print space with this goddess! (and sundry others also well worthy of the title) – it was amazing to me.

I soon found out that Sommer was not only an incredible erotic writer but a truly excellent person.
She has been a great friend and supporter right from those early days and I feel truly privileged to count her as such. I hope her nine years in the business are just the beginning of a long and distinguished career at the top.

Anyway, I know that, like me, you're here to raise a glass to Sommer, but you're also here for a competition, and I have a choice of prizes to offer.

1)      is a print copy of my new Black Lace novel Fallen. It's for those who like their BDSM a bit Victorian, full of corsets and riding crops. You'll need to keep the smelling salts handy for this one.

2)      is an ebook novella, which you can have in epub or mobi format. It's called By His Command and it's the sequel to a book called His House of Submission, which you may or may not have read.

Either of these are up for grabs to one randomly selected commenter – good luck!

10 comments:

  1. I like Justine's work a lot, though I don't have many stories by them. Very cool and lovely.

    contact@tsade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cold rainy day here in Tennessee. Would be a great day for a new book to read!
    Kristiknrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I'm normally a femdom fan when it comes to BDSM, I loved Justine's MEETING HER MATCH...

    Trix, vitajex(at)Aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love Justine Elyot! And I love Sommer Marsden, too. There is just too much love here today! :) More congrats to Sommer and hurray for a wonderful continuance of a brilliant celebration!

    jadeaurorawaters@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices today! Germ4211@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough choice.

    gypsygirl_25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big, big fan of Justine (lots of good ideas in her books too).

    Shannon
    sabai30705(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sniff* Beautiful words - and WOAH MOMMA. Amazing covers. Glad I'm late for the party cuz I'd never be able to choose. :D

    (because her Sommer-ness demands it - I hate typing this thing out)
    angell dot brooks at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Justine's work! Been following her for ages now and think she's just fantastic :)

    twists.of.desinty[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?