Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 7 brings us Rose Caraway's bright personality and stunning voice, and a winner, and a new kind of prize. Boom!

The first time Rose Caraway interacted with me I was like...wow...she is nice. And busy. And
talented. Then she approached me about reading one of my stories as a standalone and I was like wow again. Because I'd heard her read my story "Laugh" from Rachel Kramer Bussel's anthology Gotta Have It and well, I always say Stephen King could write me a grocery list and I'd find it engaging, in this case Rose could read a grocery list and make it sound good.

I'm thrilled she was able to join us today for the celebration. Before I turn you over to Rose I'm going to announce that Cassie Exline won the prize pack from Bronwyn Green yesterday. Random.org (which is how I choose all prize winners) apparently thought Cassie could use some good reads in her life. :)

Rose has a special prize today. Some audio tales to tempt your ears. Remember, please *make sure to leave your email address with your comments so you can win. If we can't contact you, you can't win. Also, as always, every comment is entered in the big prize draw which includes a $50 gift card to Amazon.

Away we go! Happy Friday! Oh! Damn. One more thing: make sure you stop back tomorrow. Alison Tyler is my guest and she has a whopper of a prize. You won't want to miss it.

XOXO
Sommer

~~~~~~~~

Hey Everybody!

Rose Caraway here, dropping by to wish the fantabulous, Sommer Marsden a very happy 9th ‘living the dream’ birthday! Woo! Woo! Woo!

So, my job as a writer and podcaster is to not only write erotica for my show but to also seek out other writers that will entertain my awesome Lurid Listener audience. Boy, did I hit the mother-lode when I discovered Sommer Marsden. Everyone loves her! And, I especially love narrating her words!

She has this way of crafting emotion into 3-D.

Sommer’s works, Laugh, from the anthology “Gotta Have It: 69 Stories of Sudden Sex” by Cleis Press and “I’ve Got A New Girl Now” from, “Skirting the Issue” by Pretty Things Press, have been featured on The Kiss Me Quick’s Erotica Podcast (Available until the internet dies, so go listen now!!!). I have more plans for her in the very near future, some of which she already knows about, some… umm, I should probably let her know about…soon.

We have never met in person and so I don’t know ‘all things’ Sommer Marsden, but I am a fan and there is one thing that is ever consistent in her writing. There is always an inspiring, significant truth to her words that I can feel in my bones! I understand, on every level what her characters are going through. This isn’t just talent spilling onto the pages. Fans of the KMQ podcast have said, over and over that, “She’s so real!” I couldn’t agree more. Sommer Marsden has this way of digging, way down deep into her character’s moments, and then she has you kind of sit there in that situation, that emotion—all by yourself—to percolate. She not only creates stunningly unique erotic stories but she finds a way to weave one kind of staggering truth or other into a scene that makes you sit back for a sec and say, ‘whoa’.

I found a quote that reminds me of one of my favorite Sommer Marsden characters, Clara from the gripping erotic novel, “Restricted Release”...

“A really strong woman accepts the war she went through
and is ennobled by her scars.”
~Carly Simon

There are many, many writers out there vying for recognition, but there are only a few that have worthy talent and know what the hell they are doing. Sommer Marsden is one of them. If you’ve read her work or listened to a story that I have narrated of hers, then you know exactly what I am talking about. She’s probably made you laugh, cry, and most likely SOL (snorted out-loud). She’s a very frank, up-front and sometimes hilariously in your face writer, even when she’s dealing you a timid character. She doesn’t hold back on the creative throttle and of course, has no intention of apologizing for it. That is what I love about Sommer Marsden’s writing. I love that she means every, single, word. She owns every emotion. The woman is good and I am extremely honored to celebrate 9 years of Sommer Marsden!

My gift to keep this party rollin’ is an audio 3-pak up for grabs for one very lucky winner! That’s 20 hours of listening pleasure by the way, so be sure to include your email address!!!
The Mother, written & narrated by Rose Caraway (taken from the National Breast Cancer charity anthology, Shades of Pink, edited by Kally Sten) – Historical/Erotic/Romance
Shady Palms, written by my gruesome darling and very good friend of the KMQ, Allen Dusk & narrated by Rose Caraway – Splatterpunk

You will also be put on the V.I.P. List to be one of the first to receive…
The Big Book of Orgasms: 69 Sexy Stories, Edited by the magnificent Rachel Kramer Bussel & narrated by Rose Caraway (featuring Sommer Marsden’s, “There”) – Erotica Anthology

9 comments:

  1. I am so excited for the audio version of Big Book of Orgasms!

    What an endorsement of your work, Sommer...it made me want to go read some right now.

    (xan_west@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome post. "Significant truth" is exactly right. Love audio books.

    authorevelynadams@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome ;)

    Suzykarma78 @ gmail . Com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still wading into audiobooks, but I have heard raves about Rose!

    Trix, vitajex(At)Aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious prize... imagine relaxing to the dulcet tones of sweet Rose Caraway!

    XXX,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like fun

    gypsygirl-25(at)Hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad there are more audiobooks appearing in this area. I have a 4 hour commute (round trip) in LA traffic. If it wasn't for audiobooks I'd probably smash something. Although I've found with erotica, especially with a great narrator, I sometimes have to turn it off....it can be distracting.

    Shannon
    sabai30705(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited to hear about the audio books!

    Sammi
    sammi(at)funwithsammi(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?