Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Best Friend

At 9:33 a.m. yesterday morning, I lost my very best friend in the world. I feel like half of myself is missing now. But I am beyond overjoyed for him that he is no longer in the incredible pain he endured for way too long. As each hour passes, the image of my sick husband, at the mercy of his disease, is being replaced more and more by the memory of my whole, happy, healthy husband with his booming voice and equally booming laugh. Jim, and the family we built, is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I am beyond grateful that I have our children--and what amazing, kind and caring children they are--because it means I will forever have part of him and a constant reminder of our amazing love.

*December 25, 2013

3 comments:

  1. Sommer, you and everyone in your family are in my thoughts. I know you have a lot of friends around you, lean on them while you go through this difficult time.

    Much love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?