Thursday, October 16, 2014

Spooky, sexy spot #4: Kiki Howell

Today I have a book that I find very intriguing by one of my favorite people Kiki Howell. In fact, it's on my Nook and I'm hoping to read it before Halloween if I can. Take a gander at A Violent Seduction...



A Violent Seduction

Blurb
When David stumbles into Myrissa’s Wiccan Supply Shoppe — the man bruised and bloody, complaining of strange occurrences and true night terrors — she agrees to help him. After studying his clouded aura and listening to his story, she believes he’s been cursed, bound to a succubus.

Agreeing to come home with him, cleanse his apartment and try to banish the sexual predator, she gathers her supplies. What she witnesses and battles though proves darker and more seductive, than she could’ve ever imagined. Will her magic be enough? Or will she also fall prey to the dark and violent seduction of a demon?

Warning: This story is Dark Erotica/Dark Fantasy Horror involving a succubus. It contains a mix of sex and violence as well as mind control and magic during such acts.

Excerpt:
The jingling of the bell over the door to my Wiccan supply shop had attracted some of my attention, shook me from the semi-trance I’d fallen into studying a spell. I glimpsed toward the door on instinct. Only, one look at the bedraggled man who’d stumbled in had planted me firmly back into reality and gained my full concentration. In wrinkled jeans and t-shirt, both with bloodstains and tears, he looked like he’d been in a bar fight, slept in an alley, and then woken with a hangover. Cuts and bruises on his face and arms shown in all shades of reds and purples and greens. These blended nicely with his clouded aura. Despite it all, I could still see the shadow of a handsome, young man. There was a story here that I wasn’t sure I wanted to know. A cold chill snaked down my spine, confirmed my suspicions.

As he got closer, the one cut on his face showed the threat of a tender infection, raw and red with white around the edges. My heart always beat harder for the underdog. This man, probably no older than his late twenties, I wanted to hug regardless of whatever eerie and possibly evil energy lingered over him, mixed with his own life force. I came out from behind my counter to give him my full attention, but gasped out loud and halted my steps when his full aura came into my special field of vision. Usually I’d have had to concentrate to see such things. This poor man, each bright color he naturally emanated had clouded, as if viewed through a smoke-smudged window.

“I’m sorry. Maybe I shouldn’t have walked into your store this way. I just didn’t have it in me to go back to my apartment to clean up first. What has been happening there is horrible…” he left off, looked at one hand, seemingly at each knuckle scratched and swollen, before he shrugged and looked back at me.  “I need help. And, I’m so sorry to bother you.”

“No, don’t apologize. I’m Myrissa. Obviously you’re having a rough time of it. I make no promises, but if you tell me what’s going on maybe I can help.” I bit my lip not to say more about his aura and all. I’d obviously have to feel the guy out a bit more first.

“I don’t know, but I’m getting desperate. Only to say it all out loud…I mean even in my head it sounds crazy,” he huffed, his deep voice hoarse. “Oh, I’m David by the way.”

About the author:
Ever since she was young, Kiki Howell has loved to listen to a well-woven tale with real characters, inspired plots, and delightful resolutions. Kiki could spend hours lost in a book, and soon she knew that creating lives, loves, and losses with just words had to be the greatest thing that she could do. To that end, she pursued her study of literature and writing, earning a bachelor’s degree in English. 

In May, 2011, Kiki was chosen as an Ohioana Book Festival author for her novel, Torn Asunder. She's also had three flash fiction stories win writing contests. In the fall of 2013, her novel, Hidden Salem, made the Amazon Top 100 Bestsellers Lists in 3 categories: Paranormal, Suspense and Ghosts. You can find out more about Kiki on her website www.kikihowell.com or stop by her blog http://anauthorsmusings.blogspot.com/


Available Now:
 

On Halloween:

It’s hard for me to pick a favorite aspect of Halloween, as it’s one of my favorite holidays from the crisp chill in the air to the fall leaves, but I guess if forced, I would have to go with the evenings sitting in my fully-decorated living room that looks like a witch’s study full of books and potion bottles. With all of that candles lit and my misting cauldron going, I love to read Halloween or horror stories.

Check out all the shorts on sale during my Witchy October Sale: four books at 0.99, BOGO Incentive and a Giveaway! Just stop by my blog for all the details http://anauthorsmusings.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-witchy-october-sale.html

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh succubus!!! Haven't read about one of those yet. But Bo from Lost Girl is my fave on television.

    Sounds creepy and more than a little intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?