Saturday, October 18, 2014

Spooky, sexy spot #6: J.A. Kossler

Today's spot is J.A. Kossler with a secret police force in Venomoid...


Blurb

In Venomoid, paranormal creatures are governed by the IPO, a secret police force that ensures vampires, zombies, and others follow all required public safety regulations. Among the officers is seventeen-year-old Lorin, the IPO's most skilled cadet. His co-workers distrust him, however, and in extreme cases barely tolerate him. As a vampire, he must follow the rules--including turning a blind eye to the IPO's practice of torturing prisoners--or face death by sunlight exposure.

On one intense dragon-hunting mission, Lorin encounters Lex, a handsome but flesh-eating paranormal who is quickly intrigued by the young vampire. Lorin fears this hunter, but as an unexpected friendship unfolds between the two, an even more unlikely romance blossoms. The problem is Lex is on the IPO's radar, and when they capture him for scientific experimentation, Lorin must risk his life to overthrow the organization he's always feared in order to save his love.

Bio
J.A. Kossler is a web developer with a great love for unusual characters and spooky worlds. Their combined love of young adult titles, paranormal romance, and gay fiction has compelled them to write books combining all three elements -- what they’d like to read! While J.A. spends most of their time focused on their RPG world--called Otherworlde Academy--they also enjoy developing new games to entertain players who like mythological creatures and adorable pets. http://www.explorer-games.com

Favorite aspect of Halloween
My favorite aspect of Halloween has always been the freedom to dress up however you like, and all of Halloween-friendly society appreciates it instead of finding you silly and strange! There’s nothing cooler than seeing unique, hand-made costumes debuting at contests, and going into character in your own special costume is especially fun.

Buy Links

Excerpt

            Trampled vegetation littered the werewolf’s trail. A full moon punched a hole in the darkness; clouds drifted over it, their wispy forms tugged by strong autumn winds. A massive gray wolf shoved through the bushes. Full moons disoriented werewolves, which explained the sloppy stalking, but it also granted them immense strength. I’d brought my stun gun along with a tranquilizer rifle just in case.
A twig snapped under my foot. I froze. Had he heard?
The wolf stopped, then lifted a leg. A blast of wind brought the faint scent of urine. Testosterone and adrenaline sharpened my senses. I rested the rifle stock on my shoulder. With one flick of my finger, a needle loosed, then embedded into the werewolf’s haunch. The beast jerked, throwing back his head in a long, furious howl.
Okay, that was bad. Underbrush crunched in the distance. How many werewolves could I handle at once? I had to be fast.
The wolf ahead crumpled. His paws churned the dirt; dust motes drifted into moonlight fractured by the trees. Let’s get this over withI don’t want to be caught out here by multiple wolves if he called for backup. I stood, resting the rifle against my shoulder, then approached him. His muzzle curled, revealing yellow teeth.
“Sir, I am Lorin from the International Paranormal Organization,” I said, stopping out of the wolf’s nipping range. “You have violated Section 4.1 of the Werewolf Breeding Regulations. A report was filed against you by anonymous tip. Before attempting to sire a litter, you must submit a form of intent—”
A loud snarl made me jump. A second wolf leapt from the bushes and knocked me on my back. We hit the ground hard. Her scratchy gray fur suffocated me. Hair filled my mouth, and hot drool splattered onto my cheek. She snapped at my face. I turned my head just in time to avoid her teeth.
I slashed at her eyes. She screeched, backing away. Her dull claws frayed my suit. I kneed her in the face; that jacket had not been cheap. She shook her massive head, her lips spraying drool. I yanked my stun gun from my belt then rolled to my feet.
A third large form hurtled at me. I sidestepped, ending up beside the first she-wolf. Her jaws clamped on my forearm. I screamed and dropped the stun gun. The other she-wolf knocked it away with a kick. Oh, god!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?