Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A grimy excerpt, an A+++ review and the Stephen King connection...

So I spent my morning at the Social Security Administration. Not as bad as I anticipated. We waited about an hour but then I got a lovely gentleman who was super nice, helpful and in good spirits. Trust me, that last one is a perk.

I came home from lunch with my mom and girl child to find two lovely things.

Lovely thing #1: I'm the excerpt for 9-to-5 Fantasies edited by Alison Tyler on Kinkly.com. Tada! If you want to read the opening of my story Grimy, you can go...HERE.

And please do grab the book if you like the tease. It's chock full of dirty goodness. The perfect distraction for the chaos of the holiday season. At least, that's the kind of distraction I like during chaos.






Lovely thing #2:

The Mighty Quinn, one of my most beloved novels, received an A+++ review from Delilah Night. You can check out the full review of Quinn on her blog. But here's my favorite bit:

The sex scenes made me squirm in my seat—in the best possible way.  But unlike those early erotic novels, I want to read the whole book again.  I want to go through the journey that gets me to those sex scenes because they’re not just hot, I’m emotionally invested in the relationship.





And I'm sure you're wondering about the Stephen King connection, right? Well, I found one of those thingies in someone's tweet last night and plugged in a bit of my text and got...



I write like
Stephen King
I Write Like. Analyze your writing!

Of course, I plugged in two different excerpts and got Dan Brown and J.D. Salinger, but I'm sticking with King. You knew I would, now didn't you? Click the link if you're interested in finding out who you write like. Or who your specific bit of chosen text is written like...

I'm almost ready for Christmas. Of course "almost" is relative. But basically I haven't started yelling, "Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?" yet. So, I'm counting that as a victory. :)

Ho, ho, ho!
Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?