Thursday, January 15, 2015

She Started as a Scary Editor...

And became the best friend I've never met. You know I'm talking about Alison Tyler, I'm sure.

When I say she started as a 'scary editor' what I mean is, she didn't know me from Adam. I was another brand-spanking-new erotica author when I answered her public call for subs. I saw the call (it was for Love at First Sting) on ERWA and I nervously, but with great determination, finished and polished a story to send her called "She Looked Good in Ribbons". It is, to date, my favorite story ever.

I was terrified. Not because Alison was terrifying but because Alison was...well, everywhere. And vivid. And vocal. Awesomely welcoming, and, yes, instrumental, from what I could see, in the genre I wanted to be a part of. So yeah, I was petrified. But she took the story with gorgeous, kind acceptance letter, (I sat and cried when I got the email. I had never at that point willed a story to be in a publication before but that's what I did. And my will and wish came true.) and we started a slow, funny, friendly email back and forth. Voila! A true friendship was born. When I say true friendship, I mean like, a person who holds your hand and walks you through your husband's illness and then death from 3,000 miles away. True friendship. Which is why I'm so excited and honored that this is actually happening:





"As I move into a brave new world of publishing, I came up with a series of titles dedicated to showcasing my favorite stories from my favorite authors. First up (to nobody's surprise, I'm sure) is Sommer Marsden." ~Alison Tyler

You can read all about it HERE.

Just another happy, shiny thing to be excited for in 2015. Hope your 2015 is off to a great start.

XOXO
Sommer

1 comment:

  1. Alison is awesome! And so are you! And I'm so damn lucky to "know" the both of you. I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?