Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What's your jam? (Authors Wanted)


So I'm reading a book where the author did the coolest thing, she put her playlist for the book at the back. At least, I thought it was the coolest thing. Because I'm a nosey somebody. And it got me to thinking I'd love to know the playlists for other books out there. It strikes me as a very intimate way of knowing what the writer was thinking/feeling etc during the process of creating a book. Which leads me to you, AUTHORS. I want to know your jam(s).

Deets:

Info:
There are limited spots and some restrictions for content (certain taboo topics I won't host. I have no issue with them, I just like to avoid any reason for my blog to be pulled. If I have an issue with it, I'll contact you).
What I want:

Choose one book, most recent or fave, works 30,000 words or greater please. Give me your playlist for that book. Example of how to set it up.

If I Ever Leave This World Alive: Flogging Molly
Yellow: Coldplay
Santa Monica: Everclear
Where the Devil Don't Go: Elle King

Any notes, explanations, and additional info for particular characters or scenes related to songs can be explained in a paragraph at the end to give additional insight. (this is optional).

Include a book cover, a bio, a link to purchase your work (2 max), social media links (2 max), blog or website link, a short excerpt 250-500 words that relates to one of the songs listed. The goal is to keep these streamlined and manageable instead of huge rambling blogs. Short is good. People like short. 
 
Send your playlist bog or any questions to sommermarsden[@]gmail[.]com (remove brackets). Please put PLAYLIST BLOG in your subject line.

Go forth and crank up the jams!

XOXO
Sommer

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! I can't seem to keep focused on one thing these days, but if I do, I'll play along. :) Even if I don't, I can't wait to see other's playlists.

    ReplyDelete

What sayest thou?